Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By CorpseBride
That is sooooo creepy Zombombie! I cannot wait till my copy arrives. I bought it as an early birthday present for myself :) I am happy to hear it is going to me worth my hard earned pennies!
By Raven
I had a pre-birthday dinner tonight with my in laws and one of my presents from my husband was this book! *YAY*! I haven't looked through it all yet as the family was still around me and there were other presents to open. I know, not an excuse, but sometimes we have to do things we don't really want to do to make others happy. :roll:

Joking.. maybe..

Anyway, I was surprised how big the book actually is..it must have been quite the undertaking to gather all these photo's. The book itself is beautiful, worthy of any coffee table. I'll spend tonight carefully looking at all of it and having nightmares when I finally fall asleep. :wink:
By mudd
i love black and white photography . and this goes well with the halloween themed pictures . its creepy in both visual and imagination . thanks for the share.
btw ... pre-happy birthday :!:
By Raven
zombombie wrote:My copy of Haunted Air arrrived today. I have to say, it's one of the most beautiful and creepy books I have the pleasure of owning. It really is quite stunning.

There is one picture in particular that is a little more sinister than the rest - I'll spoiler this just in case someone wants to buy the book and find it themselves!
Three boys are stood at a swing set, one of them (the youngest by the looks of things) is wearing a clown/jester mask, the other two aren't in costume. It's an old polaroid style photo with room to write beneath the image. It simply says: "The one that scares you is Donnie." That's pretty weird!!
I agree with that particular picture being more sinister. There were a few in there that I really found more creepy than the others, even though all of them were creepy. One I even clearly saw a face in what looked like mist in the picture, something I am never able to pick out in other photographs even when everyone else says they see it.

It's interesting to see the progression of Halloween costumes through the years. The costumes worn by those in this book are down right freaky, half of them I didn't even have a clue what they were suppose to be dressed as, but they looked scary nonetheless. Masks had distorted features, simple yet effective. These days you see so many dressed as characters from movies, singers and movie stars. Most people I see dressed up I can still easily recognise and while we put a lot of thought and time into our costumes I sure don't have the 'wtf?' response I had when looking at these pictures. Every child in that book looked like the anti christ and the adults looked like the next serial killer. They reminded me of the kids on the bus in the movie Trick r Treat.

The book worked, I'm not sleeping at all. :)=
By NikkiRae
Just found this post. Think I might have to buy this book! Those pictures are wonderful.

Off topic: Have any of you read the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs? It was written based on a collection of old photos that he traveled around to get. The story is fantastic and the pictures are incorporated perfectly!
By NikkiRae
zombombie wrote:My wife loved that book! She's also bought Ransom Riggs' latest book which is a collection of more of the photos he found, interesting stuff :)
Talking Pictures? I'm ordering that one today! :lol: Also, another Miss Pergrine book is due out some time next year according to his website!
By zombombie
NikkiRae wrote:
zombombie wrote:My wife loved that book! She's also bought Ransom Riggs' latest book which is a collection of more of the photos he found, interesting stuff :)
Talking Pictures? I'm ordering that one today! :lol: Also, another Miss Pergrine book is due out some time next year according to his website!
That's the one! I'll tell her about the new book, she'll be well excited!
By Raven
NikkiRae wrote:
Off topic: Have any of you read the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs? It was written based on a collection of old photos that he traveled around to get. The story is fantastic and the pictures are incorporated perfectly!
Loved that book and the pictures in it were awesome! I've been waiting for the second one to come out.
By shaft28
I looked at those pictures and just thought "well that explains how screwed up my mom/grandparents are!". Super creepy yet delightful photos.
By staticfurball
Those are some nice pics. Its interseting to see how different masks and costumes were back then. A lot less people take the time to make their own costumes and props now with all the large chain retailers out there. There is something so wonderful about the homade costumes and papier mache masks. Thanks for sharing :)
By Zombie Pumpkins!
RavensDestiny wrote:It's interesting to see the progression of Halloween costumes through the years. The costumes worn by those in this book are down right freaky... They reminded me of the kids on the bus in the movie Trick r Treat.
I agree, these old style costumes are given a nice tribute in Trick 'r Treat, with those kids on the bus. It must have been such an interesting time, when costumes had to be cobbled together yourself. No pre-made costumes in a bag of the latest trendy movie character.

Don't get me wrong, I love pop culture, movies, games, etc. But I'll tell you... when I see a young trick-or-treater in a custom costume of some unique character, they have my respect.

Anyway, I'm curious to see this book, Haunted Air. I've added it to my birthday/Christmas wishlist. I hope Santa doesn't mind giving gifts that relate to holidays other than his own.
NikkiRae wrote:Off topic: Have any of you read the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs?
I'd say that's pretty on topic, these books have similar photographic subject matter. Thanks for bringing it up! I'll have to add that one to my wishlist too!