Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By sloaner
In the event of a zombie apocalypse what weapon would you use to protect yourself and why.

I would like to use a crossbow like Daryl in walking dead because its quiet and you can reuse the ammo. But would need a small handgun as a backup.

(In case you can't tell I have the week off work and am bored lol)
Last edited by sloaner on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ghostface
I think I would go with a Machete. Like yours it is quiet and quick. Also I would enjoy making me some some zombie sushi. :twisted: (Which i would not eat, of course.) :lol:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Crowbar sounds nice and solid. But I worry about length. I'd prefer a slightly longer weapon so I can keep my distance. Especially if the zombies carry a contagion that could infect me. I'm thinking a crossbow for distance, and a light/long sword as a backup for close encounters. Of course, I have no training in either. Better start practicing.
By pagemaster1993
For melee I would use the Ice Scrapper that I have in the basement. It is one of those with a long shaft and what seems like a sharp blade at the end. I would use that until I could get some fire power.
By sloaner
Very good ideas. All my buddy's from work said shotguns. Not that I disagree but I think they have just as many negatives as positives.
By pagemaster1993
I do not think I would use a shot gun, but would probably use a hunting rifle. The only problem with standard buy at Wal-Mart guns is that it is usually load, shoot, reload, and repeat. Not very effective if your being charged.
By ghostface
Edinburghzombie wrote:I'd do my best to not use firearms at all. Several reasons: Very difficult to get in the UK; no training; noisy enough to attract walkers.
I'm not a firearm person either I enjoy using the sharp stuff. :lol:
By FlyTags
Just for the sake of giving an unusual answer, I'll go with a naginata - sharp enough to decapitate, long enough to keep the hordes at bay, and quiet enough as to not attract unwanted visitors. Of course, like any bladed weapon, a decent amount of practice would be required to be effective.

As a backup weapon, I'd err towards a Glock-17. Noisy, sure, but it's suited for tighter quarters. Plus, it uses one of the most common ammunitions on the planet, 9mm Parabellum, and replacement parts/ammo could be scavenged in almost any police station.

I'm mostly pulling this off the top of my head as I type, though.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
FlyTags, I had to look up with a naginata was, but I like the way you think. That's got the sharpness and lets you keep a safe distance. Your reasons for the firearm choice are very practical too. When the zombies take over, I'm teaming up with you. I have a cricket bat hanging on my wall, ready to aim for the head.
By sloaner
I just googled what a naginata was. You would probably have the most unique weapon in your group. Unless your buddy had like a flamethrower or lightsaber :)
By ghostface
I had to look it up too and I agree the naginata is a very unique weapon. Great choice!
By DoomCookie
This is one of my favorite zombie questions to ask. For years my answer was also a crowbar (but spray painted pink lol) It is heavy and has multiple uses. But then I fell in love with The Reaper over at the Zombie Tools web site. Only 6lbs and easy to swing. But at $450.00 I better start saving my money now. :shock: