Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Jaxter
I was just wondering what every one was thinking they will carve this year.
Last edited by Jaxter on Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Cheef
Im planning on doing approximately 25 this year. The majority of which will be ZP's. some of favorites from the catalog and of course whatever new ones i like the most.
By Kittie
We are shooting for 35 for us. Then whoever brings theirs over we will set in the yard also
By Jaxter
I will probably only be doing 15 this year Pumpkins in florida are like $4.00 each I am waiting for the famrs down here to start selling them how much are they where you guys live.
By Tkaraoke
A few weeks ago I bought some average sized pumpkins from a local farm for about $4 a piece and one which was perfect size for a ZP stencil for $6. I bought some pumpkins from Walmart the other night for $3 a piece and they are pretty good but just a little too small for your standard ZP stencil. I'm hoping to carve about 8 pumpkins this year and the ones I know for sure (so far) I'm going to do are:

Stripe
Jolly Roger (Pirates)
Davy Jones
Jack Sparrow

...I have a couple other non-ZP stencils I want to do as well.
By matspud
Over here a reasonable sized one ( ie zombie pumpkin pattern at 80-90% ) is around £5 which is about $9.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Matspud where are you getting your pumpkins at the moment? 'Cos the only ones I can find at the moment are small and totally unsuited to any kind of carving. Its frustrating me 'cos I'd like to get my practice in and I'm sure they were available this time last year. :x :(

Dan
By balsak40
2007? Do you mean 2006? Cuz I have no idea for next year. :P

Seriously, I have found the "fake" pumpkins to be worth it for me this year. I can keep the designs every year. I'm doing 4 to keep this year and will be carving 3 or 4 real pumpkins around the 27th.
By matspud
HI Dan, I am visitingmy sister in Torquay at the moment and I managed to get a couple of ok ones at a place called Darts Farm Village. Most of the one they had were really small though. Sainsbury in Exeter had some today but again they were kust ok size. I was told on Saturday that it was too early for them. In Scotland I just trawl ASDA for them. Can't say I have ever managed to get any that I would call large ( ie no need to size down the patterns)
By Mister_JP
I currently have 10 pumpkins (real) on the front porch. I plan on carving maybe as many as 20. The wife thinks I'm nuts, and she's right. But come on... she knows my hobby and so far I up the ante every year, last year we had 11 or 12 so 15-20 is a good number to shoot for.
By Joey
I'm going for a good display this year. Don't know how many I'll manage, as is this actually my first year with more then 1 or 2. Last year I had the will and the pumpkins but not the time thanks to school and work. This time I was planning on a load of ZPs and JPs and then maybe one or two of my crazy shading ones.
By Cheef
I went and bought 5 pumpkins from our local farmers market, they have a huge assortment of pumpkins all month long. right now they are about .15 cents a pound. the five i bought yesterday cost me about $11.50 . they are currently gracing our front porch as "fall" decorations. but come a couple weeks from now they will be in my "lab" being turned into ZP's. Muwahahahahahahaha
By Patti
The BF and I will probably carve about 100, not counting the ones for a craft demonstration my mom roped me into.

I've asked my son's girlfriend if she wants to take a day off work to carve. We'll match her hourly pay for the day so she doesn't loose any money. If she can carve for a day we may need to go buy more pumpkins. That girl has mad carving skills. :D
By Cheef
were having a carving party on the 29th.
a few select friends over for some dinner and some carving. should be fun. and will save me from the next day of not being able to move my hand due to the carving screwing with my arthritis.
By Jaxter
My list for this year is

Gizmo
Mario
and a kids stencils when one comes out.

I really am hoping there will be a couple new kids stencils for my little brother this year.