Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By zombombie
So I went out in Edinburgh to take some pics and wandered down to the small Pirate graveyard near the docks where I live. I thought I'd share a few pics of some of the gravestones. I think they're pretty interesting and I thought those of you that make gravestones for Halloween might find some inspiration :)

Not all the gravestones are pirates, I'm sure you can tell what ones are ;) Or should that be, "ARRR!"?

These pics aren't hi-res, but I hope you like them all the same!

These next 2 pics are of a statue of a sea serpent that I thought was pretty bad ass so I thought I'd include them!

Just click on them to make them full size :D
By zombombie
I've been doing some diggin (not of the Burke & Hare variety...) and it turns out that it's more likely that these are plague victims (hence the skull & crossbones) and not pirates :( Pirates would be much cooler!

Matspud, it's only a small graveyard next to the Water of Leith off of Ferry Road.
By Raven
I wonder if I can make my gravestone now to be used when I die. I want skulls and crossbones. I have been in one cemetery here in the US that I found one stone with a skull. I really need to travel.

Thank you so much for sharing the pics. I love them! I would be ecstatic to be in a graveyard like that!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I love really old tombstones, especially with carvings like skulls and such. Ya don't really see those nowadays, and not often around here. If I get a grave stone, I want something like that for sure. Or maybe a pumpkin with crossbones?

Thanks for posting the cool pics, Edinburghzombie!
By monstermash
Great cemetery EZ. There are a few like that round about me too. I can't remember what all the symbols like the skull and cross bones mean. My dad knows a bit about that stuff so I will ask him. The egg timer thing has something to do with age i think. When its on its side it means that the person was young and when it is upright the person was old. That might be a load of rubbish!! Nice pics though. :)
By CombichristGirl
RavensDestiny wrote:I wonder if I can make my gravestone now to be used when I die. I want skulls and crossbones. I have been in one cemetery here in the US that I found one stone with a skull. I really need to travel.

Thank you so much for sharing the pics. I love them! I would be ecstatic to be in a graveyard like that!
i have been planning to do mine for years and yes you can at least in ohio.. you just pay the cem to set it :)
By Cheef
wow, those are great, wanted to say thanks for sharing.
By CombichristGirl
:o :o :o
i now realize i didn't say how much i love those photos:) great place.cool that it is close too! :D
By CorpseBride
Oh wow! Beautiful! I love old tombstones. I have a collection of rubbings from stunning stones all across Canada. I would love some from there. Many people think its very creepy that I do tombstone rubbings but I think it is a beautiful way to capture the tombstone in time so to speak. I am always very respectful when I do it so I see no harm.
By SaneInsideInsanity
Wow this are awesome thank you for sharring
By staticfurball
Those are beautiful, There is something that just draws me to old grave stones. Most people just get cremated noew and only have a little plaque.
These old ones sure are works of art.
By maegnus
Excellent pics! Upon first glance I thought these were some epic props.

I don't know if I'd have the guts to visit a pirate cemetery. It's creepy enough hanging out in the non-pirate variety...

The secret is out. I'm a ghost :o