Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I just wanted to offer a quick thanks to everyone that has posted here in the Freaky Forum. This is a new feature to Zombie Pumpkins this year, and I wasn't sure how (or if) it would be used. So I was glad to see so many people participating.

Your posts were polite, on topic, and informative. Can't ask for anything more. Zombie Pumpkins will continue to grow each year, but I always want to keep things personal. Forums allow us to get to know each other by name and share good stories, advice and photos.

We've got a nice little community going here. So I hope to see you all checking in from time to time, especially as Fall 2006 approaches. It's going to be killer!
By mesmark
Thank you, Patch master!! :!: :!:

Now, I have got a place to chat pumpkin-chat. And an audience (my wife was tired of hearing about pumpkins back in Sept.)
By Pumpkingrower
Yeah... wives ... I remember last year when I first started carving pumpkins from stencils. My wife was floored by the outcome of some of my stencils, then when I forked over the green to pay tribute to Ryans work I got a few ooh's and aah's but come Halloween time I was lucky to get .. "that's nice Dear"

I will try to include her next year but the first time I get a half hearted "....cool" I cut her off from pumpkin carving!!!
By Mush-Mo
WIVES!!! Ha! I have the same problem with my husband. This year I bought 3 pumpkins, then another 2, and when we were out shopping I was about to buy 5 more when he stopped me and asked "why?". I looked at him like he had grown a second head! He totally doesn't get the whole pumpkin carving thing. He can't fathom why I still check this site even after Halloween. He wonders about my sanity when I start looking for and talking about stencils in July. He doesn't understand why I have a seperate tool box just for my carving saws, scoops, and such. He looks stunned when I pull out the 5 inch thick, three ring binder I keep all my patterns (and a duplicate of each one) in.

Wait, now that I type it out, I'm not so sure I get it! It's a illness, I'm sure of it!! Ah well, don't cure me anytime soon. I'm going to carve a pumpkin for Thanksgiving, put a vase in it, throw some flowers in and have a unique centerpiece.

Oh yeah - Ryan, thank for giving us this forum! Where else could I find a support group for this obsession of mine!
By matspud
Hey My hubby is the same. he really doesn't get it. Mind you I did feel bad when my son told me I loved pumpkins more than him. ( Its not true really!!! I was doing it all for him Honest :)
By carvingjunkie
I just wanted to say Thanks for the FreakyForum!!! I just love it...And about Husbands. Mine really understands and even helps me to gut them.....We did a total of 36 this year and 10 went to my local doctor so he would have some cool carvings for the kids.
Hope everyone had a Great Halloween! Looking forward to next year!!
By Jack
I can totally relate my ex wife could not stand my "obsession with halloween if I bought more than one pumpkin,or put out one decoration more than she thought was reasonable I would hear about it till christmas,my girlfriend on the other hand is so great she even helped me decorate a christmas tree in halloween decorations,friends and family were confused,but it takes all kinds.
By Patti
My ex thinks Halloween is evil. :roll:

My long term boyfriend on the other hand is a full partner in the pumpkin project and it was his idea to make the Halloween tree (an old christmas tree, dried, stripped of most of it's branches, painted with black and purple paint, sprinkled with glitter, and decorated with Halloween ornaments and lights).

I'll try to post a pic later. Have to get ready for work now.
By Jack
its nice to have someone who understands its better when they participate :P