Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've never coated the entire inside of the pumpkin. I suppose it increases its life, but doesn't that make reaching inside to light candles a messy experience? And if you use battery/electric lights, they'd get all goopy as well. :P
By Dans banana Loafcake
I've done it and if you dont use too much its not that messy. If I'm carving like 18 pumpkind I'm not sure I can fit them all in the fridge ( weedy british fridge freezers and all! :x ) and I think the bath is out. I like the idea of carbon paper instead of pricking, what are the results like. I can only imagine that it isn't 100% effective in transfering the designs. The petrolium jelly is a must anyway folks for preserving.

Dan
By Dragon
:lol: That's why I put the lights in plastic baggies before I drop them into the pumpkin... but yeah, It can be a little messy picking them up and switching them on.

The candle is the easiest. I got one of those big lighters with that long tip on it. I just stick it through the hole of the pumpkin and light the candle. Heck, I probably should use candles on all three!
By Punk'n'Queen
How do you avoid mold? I live near the beach and mold attacks within a couple of days. Then the pumpkins start getting soft and die.... :cry:

I think this year I will take pictures of a pumpkin grave yard :P
By Dadja
Last year I carved about 23 pumpkins if I remember well, 15 ZP-designs. This year I'm not gonna do as much, but I think about ten, probbaly all ZP-designs, why bother searching for other when you've got the best right here :D (You're just missing Liv as Arwen Ryan :twisted:)
By Wedge
For the mold try spraying the inside and cut areas with a little lysol. You could also fill the bath up, put a cap full of bleach, and soak it for a bit. Either one works to preserve the pumpkin for a while longer then normal.
By Dans banana Loafcake
No way!!!! A cap full of bleach! thats a new one on me! I would have thought that makes matters worse! What are the results like?

Dan
By Jack
I went to see my local farmer(i live on the edge of town near rural area) and got a buck a pumpkin if I bought 25 or more so I have a bunch of people coming over to carve 25 pumpkins,good thing there are lots of stencils to choose from here
By Nikki
25 pumpkins! Haha that's some carving action right there :)

Have fun :twisted:
By Joey
I've got 8 right now. Not sure I'll be able to carve them all before the big night, but I'll make a good effort. I'll be buying more next week undoubtedly.
By Dragon
I plan to carve my 3 on the night of the 27th.
By lynchy316
me and my bro normally do about twelve. i normally start about the 29th and work my hands off. i normally leave them outside in the cold once done, this normally keeps them looking fresh for a couple of days. personally i like it when they start getting a bit crinkled cause i think this makes them look a bit more scary and less new if you know what i mean? also i think if you use candles to light them they tend to go off a bit quicker so if you use some of the new battery operated lighting this might help :D
By baygirl
Last year I bought 8 pumpkins but ran out of time to carve them all. This year I think I'll get 5. I'm going pumpkin shopping tomorrow! :D
By Nikki
I broke down and ANOTHER one tonight so now that brings to a total of 7.
By Wedge
I started carving on Oct 1st. Everyone at the grocery store thought I was crazy buying pumpkins that early. So far I have carved 15. But I plan on carving about 10 more this friday and saturday. Then we will have the carving party on Sunday with about 15 more patterns between my roommates and myself. Fun Times! Why can't there be more months were people don't look at you funny for wanting to dress up and make a mess out of pumpkins in the living room?