Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Lala
mesmark wrote:
zombombie wrote:A full UK meet would be amazing btw, I still hold out hope that that might happen!
I want to go to that!

... even though I'm not from the UK ... or in the UK ... :oops:

:frank:
Me tooooo *sob* Although, I shouldn't complain because we have so many pumpkins in Idaho, it's insanity. but still...I need to go somewhere other than Potato Land.
By monstermash
S.A.M wrote:
nosferatu wrote:It's not the not being invited which is the cruel Freddy Krueger slashing of my heart, no, what really drives a stake through my heart with a 20 pound sledgehammer, is the fact that the Scots have been out buying proper pumpkins. not even Asda ones, proper kins! So much for the referendum result, independence has been declared, it's every carver for themselves!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah meanwhile the rest of us UK minions are like:

:)

I'm sorry guys...so very very sorry...

:P :P :P :wink: :kiss:
By S.A.M
monstermash wrote:
I'm sorry guys...so very very sorry...

*snip*

:P :P :P :wink: :kiss:

Nah actually ducky I'm sorted :wink: I've been to see my supplier today; t'cheer missen up!

:D :D

Out of interest monstermash/matspud how much did you pay per pumpkin for that size?
By nosferatu
HATE.....YOU.....ALL.

I was in the Lake District for a wedding at Ullswater this weekend and stopped off in Penrith on the way back. There, in the middle of town outside a small greengrocer's, was a huge crate of pumpkins. It was such a shame we had no room in the car for any. About an hour later we stopped at Lancaster services and whilst my family were inside using the facilities, I seriously considered abandoning my family, driving back up the M6 and getting those damn pumpkins. Pumpkins or family? It was a difficult choice. Could I leave my family stranded 150 miles from home for the sake of carving some gloriously sized pumpkins?

It's been six hours surely they'll be home soon?
By matspud
nosferatu wrote: Pumpkins or family? It was a difficult choice. Could I leave my family stranded 150 miles from home for the sake of carving some gloriously sized pumpkins?

No competition! :D I would have left them in Penrith with money for the bus :-)
By Raven
nosferatu wrote: Pumpkins or family? It was a difficult choice. Could I leave my family stranded 150 miles from home for the sake of carving some gloriously sized pumpkins?

:lol:

Sometimes the right decisions are the hardest ones to make, but I believe you chose wisely.
By monstermash
S.A.M You don't want to know how much we spend per pumpkin. Let's just say the old tight Scot stereotype goes out the window. Although we both have been known to pay double what we pay now in the past. :oops: lol

Nos its a no brainer. There would have been room on knees for a few orange hitchhikers surely!
By Raven
The price of pumpkins varies greatly where I live. Back in my home state you can buy them as low as .8 cents a lb. and typically sell them by weight. Where I live now they usually have a set dollar amount depending on the size of them regardless of weight. This year I paid between $7 and $9 dollars per pumpkin then I found some at a different store for $4.50 for the same size as I was getting. Some years if you wait too long to buy any you can't find any decent size, shape or non moldy 'kins, other years you can get great ones all year long. Most pick your own farms that I've found in my area charge about $5 for a hayride out to the patch where you can pick ONE pumpkin to take back with you. I just want to find a field that lets you go out and take whatever you want.
By monstermash
Oh well now I don't feel as guilty. What was it Matspud, £4.50 for the biggest? I think my lot came in at just under £60. Sssshhh don't tell anyone :lol:
By S.A.M
:shock: £60!! Blimey lass, I think I'd have fainted at that! In fact I'm getting palpitations at the thought :lol: Although they are rather nice pumpkins, the tall ones are not so numerous around these parts!
TBH I think I've been spoilt by the low prices here; I got 12 pumpkins for £20! A mix of £2 per large kin (whoppers, heaviest I have is 11kg) + £1.50 for the 'small' ones which are stupidly big for small. Have you seen what the supermarkets are selling for £2? They're not much bigger than a turnip!
By Minionette
OK, so how about a roll call to see where most of us are at?

I'm in upstate NY
By chuckwagon
Charlotte, NC here... My job takes me all over the country during the NASCAR season, and Toronto once (counting on you for next year Sonic!!) so meeting a few other Minions is definitely a possibility, and I look forward to any opportunities!!