Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By mesmark
I got a phone call on Thursday from a guy organizing a city event on Sunday. He thought he'd just call up the foreigner down the street and ask him to throw together a Halloween booth and give a pumpkin carving demonstration. You can't just assume because I'm American I can drop everything and run at your chance to share Halloween with everyone ... OK, well, in this case, you can. But people shouldn't just assume ... :frank:

That's me carving the pumpkin, but I can understand if it's hard to tell :)

That's me using my 2nd favorite carving tool to finish the job. :D

Of course my favorite carving tools is my ZP carving tool.

Here's the place before the event started.

It was a fun day, but I'm going to need some more ZP business cards and stickers. :phantom:
By nosferatu
That's amazing. Stall looks fantastic and what a superb ZP promotion. Mega Minion status. Those mascots look outstanding, I'd buy them if they were on sale. Outstanding.
What a fantastic looking booth, and on such short notice! Those mascots are amazing!
By mesmark
Thanks for the nice comments! It was fun.

I brought a bunch of throw away pumpkins but still got them to work. I took one and cut it in half just so people could see what the inside looks like. Most people have never seen the inside of a pumpkin. They just eat the buttercup squash here.

We had a quick Halloween card game for them to play, the Candy Zombie. If they won they got a DumDum lollipop.

I carved 5 pumpkins while people looked on. Sadly, trusty old triangle eyes was the biggest conversation starter. The ZP pumpkins were a big hit, but it took a classic to draw them in. In the end, I made Root of All Evil, Jack Skelington, and my Pet Monster. I gave them all away at the end to the other craft fair booths.

But any chance to dress up like a pirate, drink beer all day and carve pumpkins is all win, win, win!
By Cirrus
This is awesome - what a great booth; and on such short notice. And those Mascots - I want! Great pattern choices and costume too... Well done :)
By sloaner
That was nice of you mesmark. And is that a few foam pumpkins on the table? Do they sell them in Japan?
By mesmark
Cirrus wrote:This is awesome - what a great booth; and on such short notice. And those Mascots - I want! Great pattern choices and costume too... Well done :)
Thanks! Since it wasn't really my event, I didn't feel too pressured about it. I just threw some stuff together the night before, loaded it in the car in the morning, and said it will be what it will be. It helps to have a pumpkin carving tools bin.

Those mascots have turned out to be awesome decorations :D
sloaner wrote:That was nice of you mesmark. And is that a few foam pumpkins on the table? Do they sell them in Japan?
Those are foamies in the center. I have 6 in all, but I just brought those 3 to the event. I bought them 5-6 years ago in the States and shipped them over to myself. I'd love to have more but they take up a lot of space. 6 is good.
By SuperSonic
This is amazing! Great demo mesmark! I'd have gone just to help promote ZP! Like Nos said. I'd have bought those if they were for sale!

Love it!