Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Jpike001
First time post. I hope its not taboo to discus a stencil from another website. Anyways, I'm doing Twisty the Clown from AHS this year. I found one stencil but its a simple carving stencil. Could anyone modify or give me tips on how I should decide which parts to shave? Thanks for your help.
Hi Jpike, since you're new we won't flog you with pumpkin gutting scoop. But posting free patterns by others is sort of a no-no. I design and sell my own unique patterns through this site, so giving away patterns here hurts business.

But I'll give you a few tips about the Twisty pattern you posted. It looks like it's designed to be a cut-out design. Although you can shave some areas if you want. It's just a matter of which parts you want to be brighter than others. But truth be told, it won't be too secure if you cut the holes all the way through. Thin sections in his collar and one of his hair tufts are sure to cave inwards after carving. And the entire teeth section is held in place with only a few very thin connecting pieces. His teeth are bound to break off, and that would be a shame since it's one of his most identifiable features. Oh, and it's also a bit of a negative image. They want you to cut out the dark eye sockets, which means the black makeup around his eyes would be lit up, not dark as it should be.

Just offering a few tips based on what I noticed. My best advice though... I'll let you in on a secret. I have a more stable pumpkin stencil for Twisty in my V.I.P. Patterns section. :lipssealed:
By SuperSonic
I'm no pumpkin shaver, but there are some on the forum who are really good, and can most certainly help out.

mesmark is great at it. If you've seen some of his posts of years past, you'll notice that.

Doh, Pumpken, and St0ney are also good at it, as they do foamies with DREMMELS for shaded patterns. Do feel free to ask them for advice, as I am sure they would give it to you.

I'm not aware of any more that do this extensively. So hit them up :)