Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Raven
I know we usually talk about scary things like ghosts, demons, horror movies and characters, haunting and spooky things here, but what are other non generally scary things that you fear? The topic of being afraid of clown got me thinking about this, although I believe clowns really are meant to be scary. :P

As I get older (sigh) I find myself more and more afraid of heights. I can no longer walk to the edge of something and look down without breaking out in a sweat. Sometimes even if there is a railing or fence, I'm convinced if I lean on it even a little bit it's going to break. Believe me, my trip to the Grand Canyon a few years ago was not the funnest thing.. Even if my husband walks to the edge I'm freaking out, telling him to get back. We like to go hiking and if it's a steep climb I get really nervous walking down hill, something in my mind about sliding on the rocks and falling downhill. It's annoying really and I never used to be that way.

I know a lot of people have a fear of heights, so that's not so uncommon. What I fear even more than that is... get ready for it... MOTHS. Yes, that's right, those stupid winged bugs that leave that weird wing dust all over everything they bump into. If I had a choice between being locked in a room with a bunch of spiders or a bunch of moths, I'd pick spiders. The area I live in has so many bugs, some I don't even have any idea what they are, some bigger than a bug should be, but moths are the ones that get to me. Luna moths are sent straight from hell, that I have no doubt. I have Mottephobia. There is actually a name for it. :oops:

So fess up! What do you fear?
By zombombie
Spiders. I have arachnophobia and it's not the funny kind.

I've never understood the whole, "oh you're afraid of spiders well I've got one in my hand and I should put it in your face because that'sjustsofunnylolz!" It's not funny. You wouldn't force someone afraid of heights to the edge of a building.
By pagemaster1993
I have a mild fear of spiders and heights. Also I get uneasy around big dogs.
By ghostface
Ok don't make fun, because it's really odd, but I have a distinct fear and hatred of knees.. They gross me out and I really can't look at them.
By Kayo
ghostface wrote:Ok don't make fun, because it's really odd, but I have a distinct fear and hatred of knees.. They gross me out and I really can't look at them.
its cool i have a natural aversion to body hair others and my own i think its because i swam my whole adolescent life through high school and everyone shaved everything!

im not afraid of heights I'm afraid of falling from them which pisses people off when i say that but i have no balance from where the zombies attacked me at 14 (see: brain cancer) but if i know I'm not going to fall or if i do my safety will hold i will jump around and do the stupidest things high up. i don't mind bugs or spiders as long as they don't crawl on me. I'm afraid of clowns and mimes and people in full body costumes because i can't distinguish their features under the costume or makeup. i HATE rodents bunnies mice gerbils they give me the wiggins….. i think thats enough without getting to personal :lol:
By sloaner
zombombie wrote:Spiders. I have arachnophobia and it's not the funny kind.

I've never understood the whole, "oh you're afraid of spiders well I've got one in my hand and I should put it in your face because that'sjustsofunnylolz!" It's not funny. You wouldn't force someone afraid of heights to the edge of a building.

One time walking home from a bar at 2am, some guys on their front lawn brought out their tarantula and did that exact same thing. I very quickly moved behind my friends :lol: Not a fan of snakes or spiders very much. I don't do roller coasters but that's because I think I might throw up from the motion not the heights. I did the CN tower edge walk and that was fun.

Near the top of this thing

By matspud
I am just a big 'fraidy cat. I HATE moths and butterflies. I really dislike spiders, and most creepycralies . I am generally ok outside but I panic if I am in an enclosed space with fluttery things. I have held tarantulas and hissing cockraoches ( the things you will do so that your child will not develop your fears :-/)
By Pargolf
Ready for this one??? STAGE FRIGHT!

I'm a classically trained vocalist and have sung in front of folks many times.... Does not matter... Still need to do mental gymnastics to even give it a go. It is pure torture.
By SuperSonic
Darkness gets me often, but not always. I do tend to always have a light on where ever I go though. The weird thing is I hate heights, and ladders. Yet somehow roller coasters are fine.
By St0ney
My Fear is Humans! they are the only living thing, that KILLS each other for stupid reasons.

Freddy Krueger, Jason, Chucky, Micheal Myers, Leather Face etc...
ain't S#it compared to these REAL Monsters.

Gacy, Berkowitz, Kemper, Rader, Ramirez, Dahmer, And Charles Manson who got others to Kill for him.

Add Terrorist and all the Folks that Kill in the name of Religion !
By paddy_babe
I have quite a few phobia, one or two not common...

Fear of spiders, fear of snakes (made worse by accidentally standing on an adder when geocaching), social phobia (I was actually agoraphobic for years, getting much better now), wool (just can't touch it.. it makes me want to peel my skin off!!) and trypophobia which is a fear of holes (if you google it an image of a lotus seed pod will come up.... that really messes me up! I am ok with natural sponge, bubbles and single holes but a mass of them freaks me out!!) and lastly a fear of swarms. Like I LOVE ladybirds and was helping my daughter collect them in a bucket... it must have got to an amount too big because all of a sudden I couldn't look at them.

interesting enough my typophobia, social phobia and fear of swarms all cover 'mass' (mass of people, holes and bats/bugs etc) so maybe they're linked?

oh oh and freaky demon/spirit girls like out of The Ring and The Grudge *shudders* but I don't think thats fear, more common sense! :P
By keifferone
I have a mild case of Spectrophobia. Which is the fear of mirrors. I can not look into a mirror in a dark room. Even if I am in the hallway with the lights on, if the mirror is in the dark I can't look. I know I'm weird! :oops:
By Raven
keifferone wrote:I have a mild case of Spectrophobia. Which is the fear of mirrors. I can not look into a mirror in a dark room. Even if I am in the hallway with the lights on, if the mirror is in the dark I can't look. I know I'm weird! :oops:
I always have that split second thought of "what if I see something I don't want to" around mirrors in the dark or looking out of windows at night..