Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Raven
zombombie wrote: something to tame my beard! :lol:
I got my husband some beard stuff for Christmas. I put it was from "Santa" on the tag because I figured Santa knows about beard care. :wink:
http://www.bluebeardsoriginal.com/

As for myself, well I can't really think of anything particular. I know I'm getting a new pair of boots since I had told my husband I wanted them and he wrapped my birthday present in the box they came in. I'm really not sure why he did that, but I guess he had some kind of plan at the time. I guess I would ask for something to store all my makeup in, it's getting a little out of hand.
By matspud
I would really like Santa to fix the set of lights that I can't get to work and fix the curtain pole, that keeps falling down, for once and for all and thats pretty much it. The chances of getting what I want -- none :?
By b2b
I will be with my Daughter and Grandson for Christmas Eve for the first time in 18 years! What a gift! :D Thank You, Lord! (By the way, Santa is bringing monster themed LEGOS to the Grandson...can't imagine where he got that idea!)
All I Want For Christmas Is A Dukla Prague Away Kit. If anybody gets that reference I will be amazed!

2013 has been quite a year. The death of my dad, both dogs and my mum is very poorly at the moment so my perfect present would be a nice family Christmas - Griswold style! I met up with family I haven't seen in years at my dad's funeral and will hopefully be seeing a lot of relatives on a Christmas Day. I bought a new camcorder today solely for that purpose.

I do need a new pair of running shoes though. I would also love another dog as even though I have a nine year old and a four year old creating havoc, the house is quiet without the dogs. So, Santa if you are reading this, Miniature Schnauzer please.

It reminds me of one of my favourite poems,

A Comparison Between Logs and Dogs
by John Hegley

Both are very popular at Christmas,
But it is not generally considered cruel to abandon a log,
And dogs are rarely used as fuel.
Firstly Nos, so sorry to hear of your losses. Really hope Christmas can bring some family cheer your way :)

Secondly, that poem is superb.

And thirdly, nice Half Man Half Biscuit reference. One year a friend of mine actually bought another friend Dukla Prague away shirt as a present :)
Last edited by zombombie on Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So sorry to find out about your losses Nos... Hopefully you find some solace with friends and family during the holiday season.

Santa (AKA my wallet) brought me a new Gibson Les Paul Standard kinda early this year...Image
But seriously, I'm not a huge fan of Christmas and gift giving and receiving. It makes me feel a sense of obligation to others, when I'm rather content just being thankful and appreciative of the fellowship shared...... Actually, I just blew my budget into smithereens when I bought the guitar, so family members are getting pre-made and framed puzzles.
I am wishing for you all to be able to spend some quality time with those you enjoy spending time with. Be it blood relations or the friends that are sometimes even more like "family." I made a point to travel last week to visit some close friends out of state. I'll be seeing another old friend next week, and of course will have family time at Christmas.

Indeed, we should value to the time we have together. And document it well with photos and videos. You'll be glad to have such things when those loved ones are no longer with us.

If I can quote our member CorpseBride: "Time is the most precious gift we can give someone. We only have a set amount, and we can't return it."

I always feel guilty asking for specific gifts on Christmas. I often tell my family that "your presence is presents enough."

That said, I still do give them a detailed wishlist of ideas. Only because I want to make their potential shopping experience to be as painless as possible. Nobody likes wandering around the mall like a zombie, with no idea what to buy for that weird Uncle.

Some of the "fun" Halloween-y things on my wishlist would be.... some blurays (The Hobbit:An Unexpected Journey, Pacific Rim, The Walking Dead season 2 and 3), some books (Gris Grimly's Frankenstein, The Halloween Legion), some video games (The Last of Us, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag).
By NikkiRae
Santa got a long list of books from me (548 to be exact). Unfortunately, he probably won't be able to deliver all of them. I'm also hoping for some NBC related stuff like always (found NBC wrapping paper that I tried to force the boyfriend to use for my gifts too), Disney clothes and movies, and the Conair Curl Secret.

My big thing about Christmas is that I usually only ask for 2-3 things. I enjoy giving people presents more than getting them myself. This year I made 6 mesh wreaths to give out as gifts. I always like to try to make something for my family because I feel like making something puts part of you into their gifts. And this is the only time of the year my family tends to get together, so I look forward to that more than anything.
What did everybody get? The only dog I ended up with was a snowdog. Amongst the novelty socks, I ended up with a couple of pairs of new running trainers, both Adidas and a Nikon D3200, so I'll have no excuses in the photography department. Best gift was a small clay pot that my son had made at school. I keep it in my coat pocket, makes me feel like Indiana Jones.

The only Halloween type thing I received was a zombie hand backscratcher.
By Raven
Everyone knows my love of Halloween and horror related items, but they never get me anything in those categories. However, this year I did receive a Daryl Dixon bobble head. :thumbsup:

I got a lot of girly stuff, boots, makeup, jewelry. A promise of a new recliner once I pick one out and a Keurig coffee maker so I can join the masses and become addicted to caffeine in the mornings.

As in other years I hand made everyone something. I usually make something and then I buy the girls in the family something girly and my husband buys the boys something manly. The bought gifts are usually all the same and not too expensive. This year I took pictures of family and transferred the black and white photo to a plank of Basswood using a gel medium. After that was done and I was happy with the picture (there was a lot of sanding and retransfering involved) I used my Versa Tool to burn either the word Love if it was a picture of a couple or the word Family if it was a picture of a group like I gave to my husbands grandmother which was of her and all her children, or a picture of my husband and I for his other grandmother, my mother and of course I had to keep one. I have never experimented with wood burning before but it really peaked my interest in it. At the time of making these gifts I was suffering with undiagnosed Carpel Tunnel in both hands and was in extreme pain. I was not able to do the wood burning as fancy as I had originally planned. Now that I am being treated it's something I may try out in more detail.

They are absolutely brilliant. I would have loved to have received something like that particularly as it was made with love whilst you were in pain. Such a great idea!
By Raven
nosferatu wrote:They are absolutely brilliant. I would have loved to have received something like that particularly as it was made with love whilst you were in pain. Such a great idea!
I really should have explained to everyone just how painful making all these had been! I did make sure and burn "Hand Made by Teri" on the back of all of them so there was no question of where they came from and that I did make them all by hand. :P

I never really know how people feel about hand made gifts. I try to make everyone something personal even though everyone gets the same thing from me. Last year I took photographs from our favorite family vacation spot that we go to each year together and placed them on canvass then painted the canvass with watercolor to extend the picture. I purposely did not paint them with a lot of detail or to look realistic so that the picture in the center stood out more. I then placed pieces of driftwood, shells and other things found on the beach on the canvass. Again I made sure everyone knew where the pictures had been taken. I was pleased this year when my sister in law said she now looks forward to what I am going to make for them. Of course, that also means that now the pressure is on since sometimes I think to just skip making something and go out and buy things.

A couple of last years examples.