Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Nos... so that's why you were pushing for a pattern of the Governor? I suppose you wanted to keep it a surprise, but had you told me you were planning to do a Walking Dead themed photo with fish tanks, I would have made extra effort to get you a pattern of ol' patchy. :pirate: But alas, it seems it wasn't meant to be, either way.

Still, brilliant idea! I give you credit for the thought and effort. Everyone is upping their game with their creative photos, and if your neighbors are supportive too... well, 2014 does indeed sound promising!

Amanda... you had your share of misfortune! But it sounds like you made the best of it. That's pretty hilarious that a black cat would attack that particular design. :lol:

Ajax... you're a hard worker too, and the more ambition we have, the more chances for things to go wrong. Don't let the carving become work. A large quantity is nice, but so is a smaller quantity... allowing you to really do clean carves and creative photos.

I appreciate everyone's high aspirations for creative and massive displays. But please, nobody hurt yourself!

No disasters in my Halloween. I didn't get to do everything I was hoping to, but that's typical. I've learned to temper my expectations. As the big day gets close, I rearrange my priorities toward the realistic goals.

I got my costume done in time, all my Halloween guests showed up, we had over 400 trick-or-treaters, and we carved our planned 10 pumpkins. Oh, and this website ran smoothly! So yeah, pretty smooth year.

We did have mild rain on Halloween night. It held off for the first half of trick-or-treat time, then a light drizzle on and off for the rest of the night. Nothing compared to the snow and hurricanes we've had in recent years, so I'll take a sporadic sprinkle! It was a pleasant temperature too.

Because of the threat of rain and wind, I didn't put out any props like the scarecrow I made last year. But that's fine... my pumpkins and costume were plenty to show off.
By zombombie
No disasters here really. Just a quiet and reserved Halloween night all in.

Do any of you UK minions remember Ghost Watch that was aired on Halloween in 1992? Well Mrs Z bought me that as a Halloween gift because I have such vivid memories of being TERRIFIED by it when I watched it (I was 8). A few friends came round, we ate junk food, watched that, and played Betrayal at House on the Hill - a fun horror board game.

So this year was really reserved, I didn't end up in costume even! But next year should be good - we're thinking of being in New York for Halloween with a visit to Sleepy Hollow... That would mean no carves, but it would be a great holiday!
By Raven
zombombie wrote:- we're thinking of being in New York for Halloween with a visit to Sleepy Hollow... That would mean no carves, but it would be a great holiday!
Carve in the hotel room!
By SuperSonic
purple1worm wrote:Sorry to hear your plans didn't work out! Sounds like a neat idea. Sound like you got a plan for next year! Can't wait to see it! :D
Here in Montreal Halloween day was looking pretty bleak. Raining cats and dogs all day. :(
Thankfully it died down around 5 pm. Just in time for us get a few decorations out, and trick or treaters to come around. We got a good amount of kids but less than usual. All in all a good night. :D Funny around 8:30 pm the rain started up again. The rain stopped just long enough for us enjoy our night. :wink:
Sounds a bit like my Halloween, I didn't even finish ONE box of Candy, and I usually run out :shock: Although not nearly as MUCH rain, but enough so that very few ToTer's came out.
By SuperSonic
Hottie McNaughty wrote:Oh, and I dropped and broke two carved pumpkins. That's a new one for me.
Seems like it was a year for it. I punched holes in 2 with the gutter, and the other one was gutted much to thin around the top, so when I went to grab the top (like I usually do) to plop it into my lap, I broke the front of the pumpkin (Bride of Frankenstein).