Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
The guy has a website http://www.pukkapumpkins.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which again fails to mention his pattern sources, be it ZP! Or others. People none the wiser would assume that he had created the stencil designs himself which is clearly not the case.
By S.A.M
That's a bit iffy, I don't like it. The article, interview and website come across as if he is responsible for the patterns, a good number of ZP! designs and Pumpkin Masters are featured on the website.
I have many years of carving experience and a wide range of designs to choose from.
It seems he's taking orders for carved pumpkins, the customer picks a design from a pool of patterns; ZP!, PM and wherever else they've been collected from, he carves it and sells it. That's not cool. No links back to ZP! and no credit. But then again he wouldn't want his customers knowing just how easy it is to carve pumpkins when you have a site like Zombie Pumpkins with tips, tools and patterns all just a click of a link away.
:frank: :thumbsdown:
By matspud
There seems to be a rise in this sort of thing in the UK. Looks for pump'kd on facebook ( the websire doesn't work) who doesn't credit ZP and now appears to doctor ZP patterns to call them his own ( look through his photo album) There is one on ebay that is selling individually carved pumpkins for £18 - collection only who is showing current patterns as available ( see thread on Bloomimg Ebay Thieves) :P .

In some cases I think they have got their patterns from one of these pirated CDs - but I would have expected them to have found the actual sites - if you can find then patterns on ebay you can find the sites on google. In the case of the ebay seller she has to know that she can't sell pumpkins carved with ZP patterns as she has stolen the thumbnails from the site :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
I have just looked at the Pumpkd on Facebook. The carvings seem pretty poor. That may be down to poor photography or maybe he actually uses the chainsaw he is holding to carve. There doesn't look to be any finesse or accuracy. Makes some of the designs look really odd. I can't work out what the giant pumpkin is supposed to be. Maybe they took a look at Ray Villafane and thought 'I can do that' and ended up with whatever that is.

They all know exactly what they are doing.
Certainly seems like its that man that's responsible for the patterns. Maybe he wasn't allowed to mention where he got the patterns from or allowed to promote businesses on the BBC (playing devils advocate here). I doubt it though, he could have even said something like "I source the patterns from various websites and carve for those who don't feel they have the time or skill". The fact there was no mention at all of ZP! or any other pattern provider makes it misleading. I didn't look to see how much he charges for a carved kin but we all know it would most likely be cheaper and a million times more fun to it yourself.
If I were Ryan I'd at least want my name and a link to my site put on his. Credit where credits due and all that.
By matspud
monstermash wrote: Maybe he wasn't allowed to mention where he got the patterns from or allowed to promote businesses on the BBC (playing devils advocate here). I doubt it though, he could have even said something like "I source the patterns from various websites and carve for those who don't feel they have the time or skill". The fact there was no mention at all of ZP! or any other pattern provider makes it misleading.
Very probably the case. In my one (disasterous) TV appearance, I was told I was not allowed to mention specific websites or the anmes of the places I purchased my pumpkins . and this was on STV. The idiotic thing was that one of the first thing the (extremely nervous) guest presenter asked me was where I bought my pumpkins :? :? . I kept telling then both before and during the segment that I was no expert/artist and that I was there to show just what anyone could dowith the right resources and I got nearly all of the patterns and tools I use from sites on the internet. All I can say in NEVER AGAIN.

However there is nothing to stop him ( and others like him) from mentioning their resources on their own websites.
Well my first reaction is... cool, my pumpkins are on TV! I think the piece was well shot, the pumpkins were well lit, and Gareth did the designs justice with his carving.

I'm not initially offended at the lack of credit on the BBC piece. As some of you said, maybe they didn't allow him to mention any company names or website addresses. I've been in that position before. Even though the reporter mentioned that Gareth is for hire, notice that he didn't even get to plug his own website.

What's more concerning is that he is offering a pumpkin carving service, likely using my patterns, and not even a hint of credit on his site. S.A.M, I think you nailed it on the head. Sites like his often don't tell you where to get the patterns, because they don't want you to know how easy it is to do yourself!

Depending on the level of business he's doing with his carved pumpkins, I might be able to make an allowance for this, assuming proper credit is given. But he's off to a poor start in terms of following this sites Terms. :arrowhead:

He's a member of the site of course, so I have his contact info. I'll drop him a note.
By matspud
Ryan did you see the ebay one I mentioned ( bloomomh ebay thieves )- same thing offering a carving service ( well one pumpkin but offer other patterns so I assume will just keep relisting - looks to be a current member. Charging £18
I have a list of eBay sellers I'm battling. It's an ongoing process. But simultaneously I have a flow of emails from my paying customers who have questions, so they get my time first. Pleasing members always takes priority, which makes chasing thieves a secondary concern unfortunately. Don't let that statement fool you though, I'll come for ya eventually! :twisted: :)=