Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By paddy_babe
My friend decided she wanted a 'death' themed party. As this was in July I tried to avoid Halloween decorations (thats for Halloween!) and we did random bits like Dexter, Supernatural, skulls, vampires, murderers etc. I figured I'd share what I did, in case someone would like to do something similar this Halloween :D I apologise for the lack of pics, I was pretty drunk when I realised I should be taking pics lol

For the hall I decided CSI. This was purely so I could tape off the bottom of the stairs to stop people wandering about the house :lol: I printed out evidence markers from here http://amanditadesigns.blogspot.co.uk/2 ... party.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and put them next to staged evidence (blood splattered shoe, dropped earring, knife etc) with caution tape everywhere.

Around the table where the food was we did Dexter. I covered the walls with thin dust sheets and the table with a blood splattered table cloth. If it was a dexter themed party I would have taken the time to hang pics of the victims etc but I didn't have much notice for this party. We did stuff a couple of black bags, shape them like body parts and tape them up. Lazy Bay Habour Butcher leaving them laying around the table!

dust sheet

we also dismembered a barbie for the salad plate...it was a lot harder than it looks! If you are going to do this I suggest using a saw to get through the hard plastic in the middle and then sanding down the cut edge (sandpaper on the table and just rub the stub) to get a nice smooth finish.

we even painted her nails lol

We did blood drip glasses for some of the vampire themed cocktails (I renamed all the cocktails to fit the theme) and we had TONS left over so we make sheets of edible glass and shattered it to make edible glass cupcakes and the red glass got stabbed into heart shaped cookies (link for a blood drip recipe... I used a different one but can't find it at the moment http://blog.hwtm.com/2008/10/halloween- ... ire-style/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

Night before prep

first batch of glasses done (everyone was licking the glasses!)

We bought brain ice cube moulds and we did clear (boiled water) cloudy (plain water) blue (blue curacao and water) and bleeding brains (teeny bit of raspberry syrup and water) the bleeding brains didn't set if there was too much syrup so be warned BUT when they started melting and oozed 'blood' into people's drinks it looked cool!

test run couple of days before

vodka jelly shots became congealed blood shots! Raspberry on the right, Strawberry on the left. Raspberry looked better for colour

Our friend made some skittle vodkas for the party and made some funky labels *warning, rude word on one of the bottles*

I did voodoo doll gingerbread cookies, that was a lot of fun (you can see my 'death altar' underneath in the pic... really rush job but it looked ok with the candles burning... there were a lot of items I could have used but didn't want to as they are for my ACTUAL altar)
By paddy_babe
supernatural symbols painted on the window

oh we even did nail art to match. I did patchwork (I know it didn't fit zombie but I wanted to try it out, ignore my REALLY short nails lol) and blood splatter on Jessica's as she was a Dexter victim (clingfilm type)
there are tutorials for both on youtube (not mine)

This was a stroke of genius (if I do say so myself :P ) Having to cater cocktails for many people with different juices or alcohols they couldn't have I did a "Poison" list right next to my workstation... I wrote down peoples names and what they couldn't have that way I'd have a quick reference before mixing and wouldn't have to try and remember while intoxicated myself :p

I also did a menu for the cocktails with the 'horror' name and original name so it was easy to choose. I refused to make a drink unless it was requested by its horror name (I'm an awkward bugger I know :lol: )

front cover (ran out of double sided sticky tape so had to use glue that did NOT go well... it made the black card shine where I went over the edges but it was last minute so couldn't re-do it)

inside

I arranged the menu in Vodka based cocktails, Rum based cocktails and 'Left Behind Spirits' for the odd ones like shots, Gin, Tequila, Schnapps, Jagermister etc that didn't have enough different cocktails with the same base to warrant a group by themselves.

So there you have it, a bit of a rush job but was a good night :)

me in action (well pausing for a pic lol)
By paddy_babe
Just in case anyone is doing cocktails for their own Halloween/Spooky/Death party I know the pain of racking your brains trying to think of fitting cocktail names so please feel free to pinch mine if you like :)=

Voodoo For You - Sex On The Beach
Pickled Brains - Blue Lagoon with brain ice cubes
Slow Sacrfice - Screwdriver
Fast Sacrifice - Cordless Screwdriver (shot, hence the fast lol)
Vampire's Bite - Rampant Rabbit (dark red)
Vampire's Kiss - Woo Woo (red and sweet)
Double Tap - Hairy Navel (two spirits hence double tap)
Death In The Driveway - Sex In The Driveway
Serial Killer - Moscow Mule (because of the ginger beer its a very plain colour which made me think of serial killers because they are often normal looking....)
Virgin's Blood - Barbie Girl (pink drink often rimmed with sugar)
Witch's Brew - Purple Drank, makes an awesome shade of purple!!
Full Moon - Full Moon
Congealed Blood - jelly shots
Banshee's Tears - Blue Movie (blue drink)
La Bruja Bebe (The Witch's Drink) - Mojito
Your Last Sunrise - Goldilocks (gold/yellow drink)
Death Is Coming - Daiquiri
Dark Moon - Cuba Libre
Ectoplasm - Pina Colada (cloudy)
Zombie Bite - Fuzzy Navel
Bloody Brain - Schnapps and lemonade with the bloody brain ice cubes melting and turning the drink red
Poison Shot - Honolulu shooter (which is made with Angostura bitters which is actually a poison! :twisted: )
Witch t** - Slippery Nipple (a witch t** was a mark that witch hunters looked for, often a mole or birthmark was declared a witch t**... I hope I don't get in trouble for saying t** 4 times :shock:
Biohazard - Snowball (lovely foamy drink that seemed suited to this name)
Day Of The Dead - Tequila slammer
Hunted - Jager Bomb (Jagermeister means master hunter)
By nosferatu
Good to see you back PB. Great set of photos and it looked like you had an amazing time. My personal favourite is the dismembered Barbie. I also love those gingerbread men! Love the cocktail list too - what would you have called a Black Russian, my personal fav?
By GeordieKin
Nobody ever invites me to a party as cool as this. Amazingly well thought out. I love the gingerbread men.
By paddy_babe
nosferatu wrote:Good to see you back PB. Great set of photos and it looked like you had an amazing time. My personal favourite is the dismembered Barbie. I also love those gingerbread men! Love the cocktail list too - what would you have called a Black Russian, my personal fav?
Black Widow? Black Plague? I dunno lol :p
GeordieKin wrote:Nobody ever invites me to a party as cool as this. Amazingly well thought out. I love the gingerbread men.
if I ever have a big party I'll invite all the UK ZP minions! :)

I am VERY happy to be back, missed you guys and not being able to get on the forums last year was horrible! You all are stuck with me :)=
By staticfurball
Great cocktail names and i love the dismembered barbie lol, nice touch :wink:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
How creative! A lot of thought went into the food, drink and decor here. What caught my eye were the painted finger nails and the dismembered Barbie. Very memorable story from Dexter. Good job. I've always said, you haven't really lived until you have a death party.
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:'ve always said, you haven't really lived until you have a death party.
I just love the irony of that statement. Good job on the party! I like the themes, and the drink names too.

I don't know if you noticed the pun in "Left over Spirits" If you havent I'd say its time you begun. Ghosts - Spirits - Halloween/Death themed party. Everything is so creative, I wouldnt be able to think these things up myself. Great job once again :) :frank:
By paddy_babe
SuperSonic wrote:I don't know if you noticed the pun in "Left over Spirits" If you havent I'd say its time you begun. Ghosts - Spirits - Halloween/Death themed party
THANK YOU SS!!!!! Only ONE person at the party noticed that, I thought it was rather clever :P I actually had other names for cocktails but I was told they involved "too much thought" like "Aztec Floor Wash" bah :?

It was actually great fun to do, the next birthday I'm hosting before Halloween is Vampire themed and in two weeks so gotta get crafting for that :)= :)=