Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By mesmark
I called the local farmer who has grown pumpkins for me before. For the last two years there have been problems (hail one year and cold rainy spells the next.) Anyway, he's got some growing and says he'll be by with a truck at the beginning of September!

I might be able to put on a good display and have a carving party once again!
Congrats on the good news Mes. No word as of yet on the quality and quantity here but im expecting better than the last few years too. The pumpkin king has smiled upon us for a change.
well, they came today:

This farmer is great. He picks the pumpkins puts them in his truck and drives them over to my place. He lets me take them all out, set them down, and choose. We ended up with 54. He sold me 50 and then told me to take 4 more in case a couple rot or don't work out.

They weren't all amazing but after I spend some time with them, I'm sure I'll grow to love them all equally. Also, I want to support this guy growing me pumpkins every year :) So, I got 50.
Even imperfect pumpkins can become a masterpiece with a little love and creativity. Your pumpkins look GREAT to me, and wow, so many. Your farmer is a patron saint of the pumpkin patch. Your score of real pumpkins is bound to make many here jealous.
DeadKing wrote:Do you know which variety is this?
I have no idea. Around here they just call them "Halloween pumpkins" or "American pumpkins". We also have a "jumbo pumpkin" variety and "mini pumpkin". It is entirely possible that I made all of those names up myself ... except for "Halloween pumpkin". That is what Japanese people call them.

These pumpkins are my favorite to carve. They are generally about basketball size and not so lumpy.
oSpriteo wrote: What do you do to dispose of them after Halloween. I'm assuming you can't just throw all 54 pumpkins in the trash.
Luckily, I live out in the country (of sorts.) We have a small piece of land where we grow vegetables. I just dig a (big) hole out there and throw it all in.