Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Oh Boy! It's lovely to see a flash of orange so early in the proceedings. You're a lucky man Mes, look after them.
mesmark wrote: I just dig a (big) hole out there and throw it all in.
Its only right they get a proper burial but i'd be afraid that they'd come back to life one night and make their way out in search of brains! :frank:
mesmark wrote: I have no idea. Around here they just call them "Halloween pumpkins" or "American pumpkins". We also have a "jumbo pumpkin" variety and "mini pumpkin". It is entirely possible that I made all of those names up myself ... except for "Halloween pumpkin". That is what Japanese people call them.

These pumpkins are my favorite to carve. They are generally about basketball size and not so lumpy.
Then it seems that it is some kind of local hybrid, maybe some kind of howden hybrid. But, it does not matter anyway, I love any kind of pumpkins varieties, and your pumpkins look gorgeous. :)
By Kayo
i havent made it out to the patch yet. im running late because i am out on tour and wont be home for the season till mid month. but my roommate sent me photos of my 3 (so far) waiting at home for me.
Well that quit a a lot of nice kins out there. Prices are a little high here in Montreal due to crappy weather this year but i managed to find a good patch that is going to sell us about 100 good sized ones for the school pumpkin patch this year. Hope they are nice as the one in your pictures ! :thumbsup:
Every year, about 1km from my house, they set out these pumpkins to tease me.

There is a farmer in the area that makes these larger (jumbo) pumpkin and sells them to Tokyo Disney Land. A few times in Oct. a large tractor-trailer comes by and picks them up.

I've talked with the farmer before and he said he could sell the larger pumpkins to Disney for up $1,000. :shock:
However, that might have changed. Over the past 10-15 years, more and more people are growing pumpkins for Halloween. :pirate:

That little one that I'm holding in the picture was a fabulous specimen, but they need to cut the stems a little longer.
:shock: TOTALLY JEALOUS!!!! Those are perfect pumpkins!!! I got 26 out of my usual 30 so far (most today, something like 18).

Can't wait to see what you carve on these. :frank: