Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By adam
Everyone!? Normally this place is hopping about now.

I am already READY for Halloween. I bought my first item of the year and many stores are starting to get merchandise in. :)

How are you all doing? Buy anything yet for this year? :)
By Raven
I bought a ton of new decorations last year so this year I am trying really hard not to buy things I have seen so far. I have a Halloween themed water globe collection going on now so I'm sure I will add to it if I see one I like, which is probably every single one I will find. Oh, and I collect those little posable skeletons and get a new one (2, 3..) each year. I'm excited to see things popping up in stores but it seems like the Christmas stuff is coming out right along with it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh, the people are trickling in, it seems. I know traffic on the site is inching up gradually, and I've been getting more emails. I know it's getting close!

I haven't bought much for Halloween yet. Like Ravens, I'm sort of trying to be judicious about what I buy. I only have so much room to display it all, so I'm waiting to find the special items that I just cannot resist. So far I've only bought a small candle holder (which I'll show in another topic, soon).
By zombombie
In the UK we won't see anything Halloween related until the end of September, if we're lucky :(

As for buying, well I need to wait for stuff to arrive in stores, but also storage is an issue! I also don't know if I'm having a party this year, so I'm not even sure about sorting out my costume yet... :?
By pagemaster1993
I haven't bought much for Halloween yet, but like Raven and Ryan I'm going to hold back a bit. All I really need is some finishing touches for my two costumes. I'll probably be buying foamies too.
By zombombie
These past few days I've really felt flat about Halloween this year :( I just feel totally unprepared. No idea what I'm doing for the night itself either which doesn't help. I really need to find my Halloween mojo. I feel like this is the only place I can complain about this stuff as everyone else thinks this is too early to be excited about Halloween anyway, but this time last year I had my costume underway and stuff planned!

Urgh.

I'm sure I'll get my Halloween groove back soon... I just need to get out there and find it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
zombombie, I recall that last year you had a series of epic events planned on and around Halloween. Don't let that experience make you feel pressured to top it this year. There is an natural ebb and flow to these things. It will all even out.

It may seem like Halloween is creeping up fast, but there's still plenty of time to start crafting your devious plots and putting them into motion. Even if you end up with less time to plan things, it's still possible to pull off some great stuff.

Take the Halloween costume planning for example. Some of the costumes you've seen on me have been pulled together at the last minute. I'm talking, the week before Halloween. Like... sewing countless strips of fabric onto a mummy costume a day before it needs to be worn! Of course, last minute stress is not ideal. Thankfully... I'm somehow way ahead on my costume this year, actually. Miracles do happen!

Anyway, I digress. Point is... there's lots of time to start getting into the Halloween groove, and this site is exactly where to hang out to get inspired. Just wait until the site relaunch! New layout, new mascot, new shop items, new patterns, new features on the site. You'll have no choice but to get caught up in the fervor, as the exciting newness continually smashes you in the face like a fun hammer!
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:It may seem like Halloween is creeping up fast, but there's still plenty of time to start crafting your devious plots and putting them into motion. Even if you end up with less time to plan things, it's still possible to pull off some great stuff.

Take the Halloween costume planning for example. Some of the costumes you've seen on me have been pulled together at the last minute. I'm talking, the week before Halloween. Like... sewing countless strips of fabric onto a mummy costume a day before it needs to be worn! Of course, last minute stress is not ideal. Thankfully... I'm somehow way ahead on my costume this year, actually. Miracles do happen!
I'm going to need that on my costume right about now. It feels like I almost have no time left to get this done. I'm still buying the final items/putting it together. I wanted it done by now. But I digress, seeing as I can't change my costume quickly (not that I even want to :P This is a great challenge).

I'm in the mood this year unlike last where It was about the first week in October when I started to feel in the groove. I just hope I can have this done on time!!
By S.A.M
I've renewed my membership earlier than normal, I usually wait for the re-launch but whilst I had some money in my Pay-Pal account I thought it wise to buy the most important Halloween item first, ZP Monster Harvest membership!

As the nights start to draw in, they're getting cooler and the odd mornings begin with fog; I'm getting that Halloween feeling, a little tingle under your skin thinking about the season changing, envisioning the glowing orange jack o'lanterns contrasting against the darkness of the night, the smell of a slow roasting pumpkin lit by candle light and you have a giddy little chuckle to yourself imaging what patterns we'll get this year haha :D *ahem*

I'm telling myself that I'm spending very little on Halloween this year but I've said that every year and then several "must haves" will be brought to my attention and bam there goes my money doing a more impressive vanishing act than Houdini!

But seriously, I don't really want much else in terms of Halloween decor. Storage space is very limited and to be honest, for me, Halloween is all about the carved pumpkins which after the event are neatly stored in the compost bin :lol:

I'm ready for Halloween, my carving knives are ready; BRING ON THE PATTERNS AND PUMPKINS!
By daryldixon
I know what you mean,the nights are starting to draw in here too.Your vivid description really gave me that Halloween vibe :)
By MyrtleRob
All the stores here (Myrtle Beach) are still in "fall" mode. Nothing Halloween just yet. Signs for all the seasonal costume shops are popping up though.
This year I want to create a "Patch" for my foam pumpkins. I am thinking wire mesh to shape how I want it. Then cover it with foam spray (the stuff they use to spray around wires to insulate) that way I can sand/mold it how I want it. After some polish/paint it should look good. Looks great in my head anyhow lol.

If anyone has thoughts on what would make good artificial vines, I would love to hear it.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
S.A.M - Glad to hear that the spirit is starting to creep into your bones! And thanks for the early renewal of your membership. Glad to have you back, as a member of the pattern site and the forum. Your presence is valued in our pumpkin patch.

Seeing the signs of fall creeping up (which includes the merchandise in stores) is getting exciting for me. I was just in a store over the weekend, and I said, "It's August. And I'm holding a Halloween product in my hand. I can't believe the season is here again already." The excitement is only going to grow as the end of October gets closer.

MyrtleRob - I don't know exactly what you have in your head for your build, but it sounds really interesting. I'd love to hear about (and see photos of) how it turned out. If you want to keep us posted on your progress, you should start a new topic in the Halloween Displays & Prop Building area.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
Over the weekend is when I really started to get the feeling that Halloween is right around the corner and started checking out this site.

I spotted my first Halloween items on July 30th. We were eating breakfast at a Cracker Barrel in Rehoboth Beach, DE when I spotted them getting out some items in the store. Last week we were at a Bath and Body Works and noticed they had their fall line of scents out, as well as some other assorted Halloween inspired items.

I'm sure as soon as stores are done with their Back to School sales they'll really start getting out all of their Halloween items, and I can't wait! :D