Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
I had a lot of generic costumes come to my door, but one that stood out in my mind was someone dressed up as the Geico gecko (however NOT the best one, I didnt get anyone worth of that trophy this year). Didn't snap a picture of it, but it was cute none the less. The parents made the costume from scratch.

Anyone else get some good costumes?
I did not see any earth shaking costumes. The only surprise I got was a girl that was dressed as Batman, who by the way I could not tell that it was a girl until I saw her Frankenstein's Monster stylized nails when I put candy in her bag.
Mainly witches. Shop bought. However, there was one kid about 10, who had made a robot costume himself, painted it himself, done everything, all made out of cardboard, aluminium foil and scrap plastic. Hed even done his own face paints.

It was obviously a bit rough round the edges but the fact he had made so much effort and done it all by himself was brilliant. I gave him a load of sweets and the carved pumpkin of his choice. He choose Spider-Man.
I really didn't pay attention to the kids around us, I was too busy trying to keep track of the kids that were with us and the dog.. and huband. Once it got dark every kid looked the same. :P

nosferatu wrote: It was obviously a bit rough round the edges but the fact he had made so much effort and done it all by himself was brilliant. I gave him a load of sweets and the carved pumpkin of his choice. He choose Spider-Man.
Such a nice thing to do, Nos! It sounds like he is a future ZP! minion!
My sons day care was awash with the Avengers, Spider-Man and Power Rangers...but one of m son's buddies had a home made owl costume that was just fantastic.

Although one parent did notice my sons pointy sideburns and screamed "that's 1960 Kirk, AWESOME!" Which was cool, no one else was Kirk which is a bonus.
shaft28 wrote:My sons day care was awash with the Avengers, Spider-Man and Power Rangers...but one of m son's buddies had a home made owl costume that was just fantastic.

Although one parent did notice my sons pointy sideburns and screamed "that's 1960 Kirk, AWESOME!" Which was cool, no one else was Kirk which is a bonus.
My TOS Trek costume is always a hit. People just love the 60's style.
By Kayo
a mom showed up vary late in the evening dressed as a cat with an infant dressed as a mouse. i was skeptical but she put out such a strong effort to keep trick or treating i couldn't say no :lol:
I love hearing about these unique costumes. There are plenty of duplicates among the kids' choices, so the ones with more individuality really stand out.

I definitely saw a surge in superhero costumes, especially the Avengers crew. I like calling the kids by the names of their character, to show that I recognize them. For example, I told a little boy dressed as Hulk, "Oh, I don't want to see you get angry. Here's some candy for you Hulk." As he walked away the boy proudly boasted to his dad, "That mummy guy just said 'Here's some candy for you Hulk!'"

Perhaps more impressed were all the little girls dressed as Monster High characters. That cute little ghoul with the purple hair seemed surprised when I was able to identify her costume as Spectra Vondergeist.

Lots of general classics... witches, fairies, pirates, ghouls and a menagerie of animals to fill an ark. The old classic of the Jason hockey mask seems to have lost some ground to fellow slasher Ghostface.

A couple costumes that come to mind... there was this guy in a blue (?) Iron Man mask, which lit up. His hooded sweatshirt (and that of his companion) where wired with this blue tube lighting. Looked very cool. I think he may have been a parent or older brother of one of the younger kids. I don't recall him asking for candy, but I said "Cool lights man!" and gave him some anyway.

But my favorite costume of the night was probably the newborn that came to visit... dressed as a bag of popcorn. :lol: Adorable and tempting to eat. But I'm trying to cut down on my baby eating. I'm not a monster.

I had someone believe I was Spider-Man while giving out candy. Kinda cool for me. Other than that though, nothing interesting as I recall it even now.