Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
So how was the turn out? Many ooo's and aaaaahhs?

We only had about 20 kids (one of the lightest years yet, I blame a mid-week Halloween). But most who came by stayed a while in the yard looking and taking pictures. Got to meet a few neighbors which is cool. We did throw a small get together last weekend for a few families, so a few more people got to enjoy the display.

Oddly, not one teen. 2 tweeners, but not a single older kid this year. May be my chalk warning of "teenagers will be eaten" scared them off...

Hoping some of you did a little better than we did!
I had about 200, ToT was Saturday here. :?
I had a few less than last year, but it was cold and windy here. I had a few teenagers, but I always make sure to give them candy to ward off pumpkin smashers. Some really cute costumes, and thank god no one showed up dressed as Honey Boo Boo.
one bag of snickers, one bag of baby ruthes, one bag of sixlexts, one bag of three-musketears and one bag of milky way worths how ever many that is :lol: . that is actually down from last year it was really rainy and windy but they people that came out were stopping to take photos of the pumpkins, even had people stop driving down the street to get out and take photos :D
We had zero, as usual. There is a chance we may have had one, but we were not home to see, and besides, we locked our gate at the end of the driveway. We don't live in a neighborhood, nor do we have any neighbors and on top of that our house is in the woods and can't be seen from the main road. We did go ToTing with my niece and nephews and the neighborhood we went through was filled with kids running in chaos from door to door. We got all the kids together, told them the rules (only homes with lights on, say thank you, watch for cars) and sounded the battle cry. It was cold out, but thankfully no rain or wind which I don't think the kids would have even noticed.

Close to the end of our reign of terror my 7 year old nephew was tired of walking and said he was done getting candy. He then decided my husband and I needed candy and he would then ToT for us. He had me hold his candy bag and went door to door and filled his mask with candy that he then gave to me and my husband. We got a pretty good haul. :P

One house we stopped at early on was handing out full cans of soda.. Sprite, Mt. Dew, Coke.. I wondered if they forgot to buy candy and decided to hand out whatever was in their refrigerator! :)
Not a bad year in terms of quantity - down a bit, but not TOO many fewer, but I think the rain had an interesting effect - we usually see a huge mass of kids at about 6 - and by 7-730 it's the early teens that are the only ones prowling around. This year, we figure many parents waited for breaks in the weather before heading out. We were still seeing young ones at 9 last night.

Overall, we ended up going through four complete boxes of candy and were half way through the last one. The evil mother in law puts this year's estimate at somewhere between 400 and 425.

phew!
Seeing as my city has Trick-Or-Treat the last Thursday of October. We did not have to worry about the storm. So I think we got 38 which would be 26 more than last year.
I had between 100 to 150 people. Alot of people would go back to their house and get other family members and friends to come look at my display. It also helps when you are the only house for a couple of streets with a full yard display. Thanks again Ryan for the patterns.
I think we got about 50 or so. I have tons of candy left over, but everyone loved the decor and the pumpkins! Lots of people took photos of them too.
We got 70. This was our first year in this house so didn't know what to expect. I have LOTS of extra candy. So many compliments on the display. We had one guy park his car and take pictures for 5-10 minutes.
I wasn't able to see the reactions of the trick-or-treaters this year but my mom said that my Avenger pumpkins were distracting the kids from the free candy. That is my favorite part about carving pumpkins, the reaction of the people. When they can look at that and say "Wow, that made my night" or the famous kid reaction "look it's me!" (them wearing the costume of what the pattern is (a lot of Iron Mans)). Man I am going to miss doing this... :cry:
We got over 200 kids! Lots of compliments on the carves once again! Thanks again Ryan for another Great year of Fantastic Patterns!
The 2 that got noticed the most were the Bride of Frankenstein and the Wolfman!
The bad news, first.

On Halloween night, at our house, we had...

That's right. Zero. Goose egg. Nada. Nothing.

Sure, we've been averaging 1 to 5 over the last decade, but zero was still pretty shocking. The weather, the mid-week landing of Halloween, and the fact that there were only two houses on our street (for a length of four blocks) that bothered to turn on their porchlights, it was the "perfect storm."

Now, the good news.

At our Trunk or Treat at the church on Friday night, we had over 1,000 trick-or-treaters, and gave away hundreds of coats. It was great fun, and everyone enjoyed the pumpkins!