Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
We had a record number of ToTers! They just kept coming and coming until about 8:30 and then it just stopped. I had about 75-100 people stop by ask questions and take pictures. For the first time nobody made the wise crack about "someone having too much time on their hands" which was replaced by "Those are fantastic/You must have spent some real time doing them/You're very talented/The best pumpkins we've seen all night". I think I can upload the video I took here but I'm not sure.
I had a record low.... :(

Less than 100 of them, something like 78.

I still got lots of comments though!
Well, our Halloween was on Saturday because it was delayed by the storm. I don't know if it was because it was a Saturday or maybe because it was so very cold, but we only got about 200 kids. Which is actually very few for us. Normally we get about 300-500 kids. We have a ton of candy left over because of it too. Oh well. Better turn out next year I hope.
NikkiRae wrote:Well, our Halloween was on Saturday because it was delayed by the storm. I don't know if it was because it was a Saturday or maybe because it was so very cold, but we only got about 200 kids. Which is actually very few for us. Normally we get about 300-500 kids. We have a ton of candy left over because of it too. Oh well. Better turn out next year I hope.
I'd love to have that many at all, let alone one year! 500 kids! :shock: Ohh man how happy I would be to see that many!!
SuperSonic wrote:
NikkiRae wrote:Well, our Halloween was on Saturday because it was delayed by the storm. I don't know if it was because it was a Saturday or maybe because it was so very cold, but we only got about 200 kids. Which is actually very few for us. Normally we get about 300-500 kids. We have a ton of candy left over because of it too. Oh well. Better turn out next year I hope.
I'd love to have that many at all, let alone one year! 500 kids! :shock: Ohh man how happy I would be to see that many!!
Lol well, we get a lot of kids from outside of the city. They're parents bring them in in car fulls and drop them off at a corner and tell them they will meet them at the end of the block. Plus, most of the kids that come around my house aren't in costume which is just annoying. I do have to say that a lot of the kids this year were more interested in my pumpkins than in the candy. They would completely forget to get their candy because they were so enthralled by the pumpkins and I would have to call them back as they walked away! Just shows that ZP really does have the best patterns :D
With hurricane Sandy coming through my area right before Halloween, I thought all was lost in terms of a good Halloween night. There was talk about trick-or-treating being cancelled, or at least postponed. Even if the storm passed and the neighborhood still had power, it seemed likely that it would be too rainy and windy for kids to come out in costume.

Well, I feel very fortunate that this was not the case. By some miracle, the storm moved on and Halloween night was clear and dry. After a couple days of scary weather, I think the kids and parents were anxious to get out and do something that felt normal. All of this lead to one of the best turnouts we've had.

Based on the amount of candy bags we bought, I'm estimating we had over 400 kids. At times it was just a nonstop parade of costumed children. Single file they would come up the sidewalk. And one by one, I dropped hundreds of pieces of candy into plastic pails, pillowcases, and other candy receptacles. Meanwhile, other kids and parents milled about in the yard, taking pictures of my scarecrow and carved pumpkins.

In past years, I've felt a bit disappointed in the kids... lack of manners. Lack of costumes. But not this year. Sure, there were some older kids and some outfits that lacked imagination. But for the most part, everyone gave it some effort. And every single kid was polite. No rude kids cursing this year. It was just a steady flow of "trick or treat" and "thank you" and "happy Halloween" and "I love your pumpkins." This kids said all the right things. It was a great vibe.