Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
Rubbish weather is pretty much the norm here for Halloween. Planning for decorating outside is nigh on impossible if you have stuff that is lightweight or lights up :? Last night it was below 0C and it that continues the kins will last outside precicely 1 night ( unless they freeze solid which happened a couple of winters aga :D ) At least if the wind and rain stay away I can get some yard decs out.
GEEEEEZZZ...they're calling for CRAP here both 30th & 31st!...of all the year they have to pick this!!?? :roll: We're carving anyways!I'm tempted to not use the lids & carve them upside down.so there's less chance of rain getting in.We're using a lot of votives now,so that the wind has less chance of knocking them out.
If the power does go out...THAT would be really cool!! 800 + kin all lighting up a corner of the world...very kewl!! :)=
I thought I just read the storm was downgraded so here's hoping it's not too bad out there. We should be dry in the Midwest but it's going to be a cold one. Wish the temps would creep into the 60's but it looks lie no such luck. Forecasted high is about 58 on the 31st.
As of now in Virginia, the main storm will be gone by Halloween but the winds will still be around plus we are getting 5 inches of rain. They are expecting mass power outages and trees and power lines down so not sure if it will be even safe to have kids running around the streets on Halloween. I guess I have to hope for the best.
I lose sleep worring about the weather here (scotland) every single year. It has rained each time Ive had a halloween party at some point on the day. We had hailstones on friday and it has been bitterly cold for at least two weeks. This year, well yesterday, it rained during the party for a good while but it was tolerable, it's still a real annoyance though.
I do feel it for you guys and gals in the path of that beastly hurricane. Just keep safe, there's always next year.
RavensDestiny wrote:Yesterday we hit a high of 80 degrees F. One week later on Halloween the high is only going to be 54 degrees F. Quite a drastic change and colder than I remember it usually being around here.

Right there with ya! If you don't like the weather in Georgia, wait 10 minutes. Now I have to figure out how to make a Zombie with a coat... zombies NEVER wear coats! At least we're not suppose to have rain. Stay safe everyone!
Our Halloween has officially been postponed until Saturday November 3 do to expected flooding and high winds. At least it gives me a bit more time to carve and I'll be home all day to set things up on Saturday!
Every community around mine has rescheduled their trick-or-treat times except mine. If that doesn't change, it'll mean a ton of ToT'ers for me as people from the other communities come to double dip!
Rich D wrote:Every community around mine has rescheduled their trick-or-treat times except mine. If that doesn't change, it'll mean a ton of ToT'ers for me as people from the other communities come to double dip!
What area are you from? Because the City of Pittsburgh just announced their delay about 15 minutes ago. Took them long enough...lol
NikkiRae wrote:
Rich D wrote:Every community around mine has rescheduled their trick-or-treat times except mine. If that doesn't change, it'll mean a ton of ToT'ers for me as people from the other communities come to double dip!
What area are you from? Because the City of Pittsburgh just announced their delay about 15 minutes ago. Took them long enough...lol
Baldwin-Whitehall. I don't think it's really necessary to cancel since Sandy will be past us by Wed, but with everyone else rescheduling, I hope we do too! Plus, I might be able to sneak in one or two more carves!
Rich D wrote:Baldwin-Whitehall. I don't think it's really necessary to cancel since Sandy will be past us by Wed, but with everyone else rescheduling, I hope we do too! Plus, I might be able to sneak in one or two more carves!
That's what I'm most excited about with the delay. I have time to finish up everything. According to the weather reports, today and tomorrow are expected to be the worst. But oh well.