Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Raven
Snow2alike had posted on Facebook in a group asking if anyone had seen the MIchaels carvable eggs out this year. Her search lead her to find out they discontinued the foam eggs. So... if anyone is searching for one this year at Michaels you will probably be out of luck.

I did pick up a Funkins brand carvable egg from Hobby Lobby the other day. Never having carved one before I can't really comment on the difference between the two brands. I assumed the Michaels eggs were more like their pumpkins and the Funkins eggs are more like, well, Funkins.

I just hope Michaels doesn't decide to discontinue their 'kins.
By pagemaster1993
I sure hope they don't discontinue their foam craft pumpkins. I prefer them because they are cheaper and have a large carving surface. As for the eggs they were kind of small if you asked me. I did see the ones at Hobby Lobby I do not know if I will pick one up or not.
By chuckwagon
I would be devastated if they discontinued the foam pumpkins for sure! I like them for the same reason in that they are much more cost effective.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Thank you for the update, Ravens. Although I'm sure we all wish you came bearing better news. I was hoping that Michaels would expand their foam carvables (eggs, xmas ball ornaments, etc). As long as they keep making the pumpkins though, that's most important. They always manufacture SO many of the pumpkins every year and display them for a long time. They must make some profit on those, so let's hope they don't go anywhere. If they ever discontinue the pumpkins, I hope they give us warning so we can all start hoarding them!
By pagemaster1993
I really would have liked to see carve able craft watermelons. I hate when art rots away.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
pagemaster1993 wrote:I really would have liked to see carve able craft watermelons. I hate when art rots away.
On the other hand...

"The fact that pumpkins are temporary art is an added bonus. It's kind of like that holiday dessert that you only have once a year. I would bet that if you had it once a week you would not appreciate it as much. Your memories of it are really heightened and you become more emotionally attached to it." - Ray Villafane
By Raven
I went to Hobby Lobby today because Pagemaster had to go and post his carved egg pictures and there were 2 of them! Not to be out done, and because I liked the look of the chick, I went to get another Funkin egg. They had them 40% off and 3 different sizes. I wanted a yellow one but they didn't have yellow in the larger sized eggs. Anyway, if anyone is still interested in getting one they are on sale. :)