Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By Raven
No one ever get's me creepy stuff unless I drill it into their heads that I want someting specific, but as for picking out things on their own it never happens. I got a nice new "smart" t.v. which is smarter than I am and a new Kindle since my old one mysteriously broke. Other than that, just some random things.

I never buy people creepy things because no one else in the family likes any of it. I did give my 2 sister in law's some Vampire Wine since we were all into True Blood. As usual I make my Christmas gifts to the adults in the family. This year I made everyone paper cuts of their family tree. I didn't make one for my husbands younger brother and his wife because they just had their first baby and I'm guessing they are not done making their family yet. Instead I tried my hand at wood burning and made them a decorative bowl. I didn't make the bowl itself, but purchased an unfinished wood bowl, drew out the pattern, burned it with my Versa-Tool, stained and then coated the bowl with sealer. I ended up not wating to give it away, but I did. I made everyone an ornament with thier names hanging from the inside that I cut from paper as well. I also folded a book (tried) to look like a Husky head and sent it to one of our own Minions here. She has a few Husky's and I thought she might like it. :P

Ryan, it looks like you got a nice horde there! I love the Miss Peregrine books. The story is good but the photographs are really amazing. Did someone make the ornament with your picture inside?

My family tree papercuts.

Wood bowl I burned.

Book folded to (hopefully) look like a Husky.
By Lala
Nothing Spooky but I did get a Waffle iron and a TARDIS cookie jar. What I really want is for Ryan to post about his swap present. hahaha :lol:
I'm always lucky to get lots of films from Sandy Claws, he knows me so well. I got a great mixture this year, among them are American Horror Story seasons 1 and 2, Les Diaboliques, The Omen triology, Best of Hammer, and Deep Red. I can't think that I got anything else spooky except a scarily large amount of slippers for a woman of 25, I thought slippers were a great old lady gift, I don't know what that says about me :lol: . I'm not complaining though, my feet have never been toastier.
Raven, your gifts look lovely, how nice it must be to receive a home made gift as great as those.
By Raven
Lala wrote:Nothing Spooky but I did get a Waffle iron and a TARDIS cookie jar. What I really want is for Ryan to post about his swap present. hahaha :lol:
I think Ryan is way behind on the forum. He never commented on my carvings this year, and he's the one I think we all look forward to hearing from about our carvings since he is the grand designer. We all want to please our Patch Master. Did you take a picture of the stuff you sent before sending it? I actually did take a picture of what I sent out, but then again I tend to take pictures of everything. If you did, you might have to post your own pics. :)
Raven wrote:
Lala wrote:Nothing Spooky but I did get a Waffle iron and a TARDIS cookie jar. What I really want is for Ryan to post about his swap present. hahaha :lol:
I think Ryan is way behind on the forum.He never commented on my carvings this year, and he's the one I think we all look forward to hearing from about our carvings since he is the grand designer. We all want to please our Patch Master. Did you take a picture of the stuff you sent before sending it? I actually did take a picture of what I sent out, but then again I tend to take pictures of everything. If you did, you might have to post your own pics. :)
I was legit getting a little paranoid about that!! I'm glad I'm not the only minion that thought this!  :lol:
By Raven
Oh my gosh, I'm toally lame! I completely forgot the AWESOME things Matspud sent me!! Not scary, but they fit right in.

The small round containers are eyeshadows and a lip gloss.

The packaging they come in is so cool!

A few hours after I took the first pic I opened a zippered section of the DOD purse and found a few things inside! Nessie didn't get much tree time this year, but next year he will have a place of honor.

Thanks again, Nicky! :kiss:
By Lala
Raven wrote:
I think Ryan is way behind on the forum. He never commented on my carvings this year, and he's the one I think we all look forward to hearing from about our carvings since he is the grand designer. We all want to please our Patch Master. Did you take a picture of the stuff you sent before sending it? I actually did take a picture of what I sent out, but then again I tend to take pictures of everything. If you did, you might have to post your own pics. :)
I only took 1 photo and it doesn't really show it :-( It was just the way that it was put together in a certain way that I loved, photos wouldn't have shown that. I understand he's super busy. I just am impatient.
Raven wrote:I think Ryan is way behind on the forum. He never commented on my carvings this year, and he's the one I think we all look forward to hearing from about our carvings since he is the grand designer.
Indeed, you're correct. I'm behind on forum replies. :oops: My bad. I like to reply to as many threads as I can. At least those where I have something to say (which is most of them). At the very least I read everything. But it's easy to fall behind during the busiest Halloween times, and in the months that follow it takes me some time to get back into the rhythm. I'll still be replying to a lot of old posts... better late than never, right? :arrowhead:

I hope many of you stop by to see if there are any recent replies... or better yet, use the "Subscribe topic" link at the bottom of a thread you are invested in (like your own pumpkin carving photo thread). That way you'll get a notification email if I (or anyone else) post a reply.
On the topic of gifts... truth be told, I do like stuff other than creepy things. But since Halloween is big part of my identity, it's an easy theme for those shopping for me. And it's hard to go wrong really.

Raven, it sounds like you got some nice technology for Christmas. And your crafted gifts for family are always impressive. You're always trying your hand at something new. If you keep doing these sort of gifts, I'm sure that means you get good reactions from appreciative recipients. It's probably economical and they are very personalized items, well done!

And the goodies you got from Matspud seem right up your alley. Everyone is so good to each other around here. Makes me happy to know that there are friendships created (or at least supported) by the common ground of Zombie Pumpkins.

You asked about the ornament I got with my costume photo. That was from my mom. It has a space for you to insert a photo of your choosing. Speaking of gifts that my mother made... she also crocheted an afghan for me. I've been keeping warm under this blanket all winter. To match the colors in my living room, she made this blanket with yarn in deep red and black. Poor woman nearly went blind trying to stitch black yarn to black yarn. :shock: Hard to see! But it came out great, you can see it in a photo I will post below.

monstermash, you lucked out with some really good movies and TV shows. That should keep you busy. And slippers... hey, nothing wrong with that. I have a pair I particularly love (also pictured below).

pagemaster1993, ooh, I still need to see Tangled. I'm slightly burnt out with Frozen, I should go back and watch this other CG princess story. You said you got some pins. What's on them? I got a few Nightmare Before Christmas pins. :)

matspud, I'm just looking at your photos for the first time today. Wow, so cool. Lot of Day of the Dead themed items. Those pillows are great. Tim Burton cards, sweet. The bracelet charms are adorable, in a creepy way. Oh, and I see a familiar creature among the bunch. More on that below... :wink:

Beast75, oooh the Halloween box set. I'm jealous. Quite a collection. I hope to get my hands on it someday.
Oh, and I have a couple other gifts I want to show off. These were sent to me by some generous ZP minions. They can reveal their identity if they wish. ;)

This first item came in a very large, flat box. Sent from outside the US, the actual shipping box was covered in wrapping paper that survived the international travel. A note on the outside instructed me to not open it until December 25th. One of the postal workers said, "You can open it early, they'll never know." But then the other postal employee said, "Oh yes they will, I will tell them if you peek early!" I'll have you know that I behaved and waited until Christmas to open it. Here's what was trapped inside:

How cool is that? Perfect item for the anniversary year of Ghostbusters. :pale: This giant art print is full of clever references to the movies. I like that it's something different from the usual film posters. I'll have to get this framed and hung in my office or media room.

And then I got another parcel. I picked this one up right after Christmas, but that was fine because the days after the holiday feel a bit sad. It was fun to keep the celebration going. Another international package with an odd shape in wrapping paper. What shape does this look like?

So let's see what's inside? Ah, sure enough... it's a coffin. This is the sort of packaging you absolutely save.

And look who's inside. This pitiful yet sweet plush zombie. Poor little guy, his eyeball has fallen out and he's holding it in his hand. Scars, exposed brain, missing limbs... it looks like he could use a hug.

Reading his "Undead Certificate" reveals that he's one of the Frightlings and his name is Limbo Zombieling. Yes, I take on this responsibility. I will adopt him at once.

I'm sure his eye will be popped out now and then, but I showed some mercy on little Limbo and placed his ocular orb back in the socket. So cool that it's removable. Velcro holds it to his hand when he's not using it to see.

Mr. Zombieling is hanging out on my couch right now. Hopefully he's comfortable. He seems to like his new home. Also in this photo you can spot the blanket my mom made for me this year, laying on top of the couch. And check out the plush zombie slippers - gifted to me by the same overly generous minion and friend.