Any creepy topic that doesn't fit the categories below.
By ghostface
Raven wrote:
keifferone wrote:I have a mild case of Spectrophobia. Which is the fear of mirrors. I can not look into a mirror in a dark room. Even if I am in the hallway with the lights on, if the mirror is in the dark I can't look. I know I'm weird! :oops:
I always have that split second thought of "what if I see something I don't want to" around mirrors in the dark or looking out of windows at night..
Agreed!
feeneytamara liked this
By Lala
I am afraid of the freeway - I will not drive on it and if my husband or whoever is driving does, I have to close my eyes or put on dark glasses or read or anything. I was hit by a car at 13 so being in any car or vehicle isn't really my favorite, but I do drive now.
By chuckwagon
I have a pretty intense fear of heights... This is kind of ironic, because within my job, I have to build TV cameras every week for sports broadcast purposes at different venues, mostly at race tracks, and many of the camera positions are either on top of VERY high roofs, or scaffolding, or cranes. I have to work very close to the edge, and really the only thing keeping me from falling off are tiny rails, and a anchored harness that I wear. I've actually had to stop in the middle of building a camera and go throw up once or twice, or just step back and let my nerves settle. It's really a discomfort when your 100 feet or more up in the air on a shaky platform trying to cut and strip cat-5 cables to make a data link, and your hands are shaky and your sweating like a hog.

Secondly, I have a fear/distaste for religious fundamentalism. I feel like when you bring religion into any argument or debate, it does nothing but promise anger that could possibly turn violent. When you combat any persons beliefs with your own, it just becomes one giant stand off, and the sides grow bigger and bigger until one of the parties decides to throw the first blow... Sometimes in the form of missiles/bombs, and the collateral damage being innocent children. So, I am constantly afraid of fundamentalists turning hostile.
Last edited by chuckwagon on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By monstermash
I can't stand those big, juicy, hairy moths that always fly straight towards you.
Spiders are a no no. I can't stay in a room if I know there is a spider in it. I know lots of people think it is wrong and mean but if I see one scuttling across the floor or on a wall its getting a book or a shoe thrown at it. It's kill or be killed.
Heights are a small issue but it's more about being unsteady at a height for me. I broke my arm falling off a slide as a child so I think that's where it comes from.
It's funny that you two should mention mirrors in the dark, raven and ghostface. I used to find that creepy as hell but I don't any more. I don't know what changed but I could happily look into a dark mirror now. Maybe its because I can't see myself in a dark mirror very well, let me tell you that's the scariest thing I could find in a mirror :lol: .
By Zee
monstermash wrote:I can't stand those big, juicy, hairy moths that always fly straight towards you.
I too hate moths and butterflies! I'm only afraid of a few things--Aliens in particular. I can't read books featuring aliens, or watch movies based on alien encounters/abductions. It freaks me out.

I also have this talking Halloween decoration that I bought last year. I'm currently storing it above the stairs to my creepy basement. It randomly goes off (usually in the middle of the night) screaming things like "GET OUT!"... yikes.
By SuperSonic
While on the subject of insects, I'm also terrified of _____pedes. Type is irrellevant.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
SuperSonic wrote:While on the subject of insects, I'm also terrified of _____pedes. Type is irrellevant.
You're afraid of velocipedes? (early bicycles with pedals on the front wheel)

By MooBoo
My fear is really stupid, considering how much i love Halloween, but i can not stand people dressed in full body costume. If someone dressed as a fuzzy bear came bounding over to me i would freak out and run in the opposite direction. Which actually happened, i was taking part in a charity race and a friend told me sponge bob squarepants was behind me, well i soon picked up my pace until he was no longer in sight! Seriously disneyland would be like hell for me! :?
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
SuperSonic wrote:While on the subject of insects, I'm also terrified of _____pedes. Type is irrellevant.
You're afraid of velocipedes? (early bicycles with pedals on the front wheel)

Maybe afraid of falling off of that one! :lol:
By Dredge
"I am afraid from Ghosts. I am afraid from Dracoooola. I'm afraid from Wolfmens, afraid from sharks."

Bonus point if you know what movie that's from.
By Euri
[I have acute arachnophobia. I can't completely describe how I feel on this. I can't see the 8-legged monsters (pictures count), hear the sounds, watch them in movies or even talk about it in person. For many years my closest friends didn't even know I had this. I was just as equally afraid that when people knew about it they would tease me or play jokes about it. I totally agree with zombombie- not funny. When I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets I couldn't get out of the theater without my friends noticing and giving something away I risked being able to hide my fear. I had a full blown panic attack in the theater. My chest hurt for three days afterward and my secret was out. Luckily my friends realize the intensity of my fear and haven't provoked it, but have tried to help. They have tried to talk me into going to counseling about it, but in my mind my fear keeps a distance between me and the little monsters and that becomes my safe shield. Don't want to loose that.

On another note, I learned pretty quick to have my kids open the ZP packages and filter them for me. We all got a good laugh the first time I learned that lesson. :lol:
By nosferatu
My fear of spiders stems from when I was about nine years old. Woke up one morning and had a half eaten one in the corner of my mouth, it's remaining legs still kicking. I should imagine the screams were heard the other side of the Atlantic. My daughter is now nine and she can handle spiders, tarantulas you name it. Find a Daddy Long. Legs in her room though and she goes berserk!

Incidentally deep fried tarantula is a delicacy in some parts of India. Hmmm.
By Euri
Nos, that is a horrible experience! I think anyone would be traumatized for life. :pale:

I've had Indian food at a Hindu wedding I went to once, but thankfully that 'delicacy' was not part of the menu. I would have had to leave. :roll: