Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By zombombie
Treated myself to a deaths head moth from The Weird and Wonderful (which you can find here http://www.theweirdandwonderful.com/ if you're interested!).

I've wanted one of these for a while, and if you like Silence of the Lambs you'll definitely recognise this! Though if you're not a fan of moths you won't like this...

It's got a serious creep factor to it for sure! Mrs Z is a fan, but won't touch it, so that says a lot. This is so nicely and professionally done though, mounted well, and I love that it has the name at the bottom. From wing tip to wing tip, it's about 4" long, it's really quite a beast! I'll be hanging it tomorrow so I'll be sure to a put a pic up when it's done :)
By alyssaSF
This is cool! I have one of these guys too! Maybe I'll post a photo...
By monstermash
Uugh, can you just imagine that thing flapping towards you!!! How scary. Very cool though now its tucked safely behind glass. I'll make sure to have a gander at that site. Is it a real specimen then? I'm guessing it is.
By monstermash
Just had a quick look. Some nice things if you like natural history, which I do. It's a shame that so many nice pieces have already gone. Thanks for the heads up on the site, i'll be sure to keep checking back and forth.
By monstermash
Just make sure it's definitely dead first. :wink:
I was quite surprised to see that they sell human skulls. I notice there were none listed but the category is there. I didn't know you could buy/sell them. Ive been chopping peoples heads off all this time and I could have just bought a few. Oh well :twisted: :lol:
Joking aside, I don't think i'd be comfortable having a real human skull in my possession. I do like the looks of that Alligator Gar though, nice teeth.
By zombombie
They put something up recently saying they were going to stop selling human remains as people were a bit uncomfortable about it, even if they are ethically sourced. I'm from where Burke and Hare used to live, I'm sure I could go out and find some human remains :twisted: :P

Actually talking of which, there's a graveyard in Edinburgh that if it rains enough and the dirt is disturbed bones occasionally stick out of the ground...
By Raven
zombombie wrote: Actually talking of which, there's a graveyard in Edinburgh that if it rains enough and the dirt is disturbed bones occasionally stick out of the ground...
:shock: I want to be in that graveyard! My husband is always mortified when we are in some of the older cemeteries around here and there is a crypt with cover stones moved. I'm always trying to move them more or peek inside.

We had a strong storm once that uprooted a tree and along with it a few coffins. Apparently the poor souls arm escaped and was lying out in the open. By the time I got there they had already stuffed him back in his coffin, which was also removed. I was disappointed. :P