Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By MooBoo
I got a decent sized one from tesco, their 'large' is £3, but definately bigger than ones i got from co-op or morrisons. :D
By j9mcl
zombombie wrote:Yeah got 4 relatively not bad pumpkins from Asda, will be going out soon to try and get some bigger ones :)
Have you seen my post about Cairnie Farm in Cupar? Pumpkins look great and much better than supermarkets.
By S.A.M
Stopped in at Morrison's to get some shopping and left not only with a loaf but a skull! People look at you strange if you walk around
carrying an over-sized skull with your fingers in the eye sockets like a bowling ball, weirdos!

It's huge, bigger than life-size, about 23cm tall and has three colour changing LEDs like the howler lights.

They put a hole in it just for the price tag? What? A bit of grey paint will hide it. The test button/wire unplugs.

It's made out of a plaster & fibreglass mix, very sturdy and strong. It costs £10 but it is huge and I think it looks good compared to the other cheap tat on sale.The light is powered by 2 x AA batteries.
By nosferatu
Great find! That's really good value too. I'm off there tomorrow to buy one. :D
By monstermash
Something and nothing really just wanted to say I did eventually google Star Bars. :oops: Of course I know what they are they still make them don't they? I had just forgotten them completely. I used to like a Marble Bar if anyone remembers their brief appearance.
By matspud
Yes, they still make them ( thank godness) Marble Bars were quite good but my alltime favourite was Texan Bars ( a bit like Charleston Chews in the US ). I wish they would bring bak those...... and Lemon Polos - i was addicted to them. :D
By nosferatu
matspud wrote:Yes, they still make them ( thank godness) Marble Bars were quite good but my alltime favourite was Texan Bars ( a bit like Charleston Chews in the US ). I wish they would bring bak those...... and Lemon Polos - i was addicted to them. :D
I honestly think that if I were to eat a Texan bar now that it would pull every tough out of my head. They were the confectionary equivalent of Stretch Armstrong. I think Goodyear now use the recipe for making tyres.
By monstermash
nosferatu wrote: I think Goodyear now use the recipe for making tyres.
Overused these days but I did actually laugh out loud there. I really don't remember Texan bars but did love the assorted fruit Polos. Now this really has gone completely off topic now but do you remember bags of little ice cream body parts? They were sort of ice/sorbet on the outside with an ice cream centre. In the shape of feet and hands and noses etc. I can't for the life of me remember what they were called but I loved them.
By matspud
Yup, I remember those too but can't think of the name ( NOT Funny Feet- they were lollies) :-) I didn't like the assorted fruit polos :?