Talking about spooky store scores and online oddity offerings.
By pagemaster1993
You guys remember Candy Corn right? Of course you do, it's white, yellow, and orange and is every where during the Halloween season. You may have even got a little bag during Tricks-Or-Treat. Some people love it, some people hate it, and then those who are on the fence. Now there is a new Candy Corn on the block that maybe a little odd.

Here it is Starburts Candy Corn:

It looks like Candy Corn, but tastes like Starburst.

It's even almost the same size as normal Candy Corn.

I recently saw a review of these by Dinosaur Dracula:

And naturally I wanted to try them out for myself. So I bought a couple of bags, and tasted them. Honestly while they do taste good. They will never take the place of Candy Corn.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Candy corn is a Halloween classic. I didn't like them so much when I was little, but I've learned to appreciate their flavor. And their place in the tradition of the holiday. That said, I'm open to any flavor variations, and I've tried a lot. I'll have to check out these Starburst ones too.

By the way, I like the video reviews from Dinosaur Dracula. So passionate, informative and simultaneously awkward.
By pagemaster1993
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:By the way, I like the video reviews from Dinosaur Dracula. So passionate, informative and simultaneously awkward.
Yeah, all his videos are like that. I'm not sure if it's acting or if he really is like that all the time.
By chuckwagon
zombombie wrote:I 've never tried original candy corn, but you can order it from Amazon over here now. Very tempted!
HOLY CRAP, are you serious?? Was it just never available, or you just never had the urge to try it? Candy corn is so popular here, it's practically biblical, LoL. I'm not a fan of it really, but I always look forward to seeing it in mass quantities on the shelves because it's just another sign that Halloween is just around the corner. I really am looking forward to trying the starburst stuff though. I love starburst!!!!

As far as things not being available in the US, we can't get Kinder Eggs because the little toys inside are (according to the FDA) a choking hazard for little children, and I fell in love with Glacier Fruits when I went to Ireland a few years ago, but can only find them at a specialty store called "World Market" that sells different stuff from around the globe. The only problem with buying the Glacier Fruits here though, is that after being packaged and shipped, and stored for a while, that are all melted and stuck to the wrappers by the time I get my hands on 'em. 100 times better than jolly ranchers though for sure!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Yeah, candy corn is ubiquitous in the states around this time of year. It must be the cheapest candy to produce. It's not my favorite, but like you Chuck, it's a comforting sight to see it in stores. It's always the first candy you see at this time of year, and signals the start of the Halloween season!
By zombombie
chuckwagon wrote:
zombombie wrote:I 've never tried original candy corn, but you can order it from Amazon over here now. Very tempted!
HOLY CRAP, are you serious?? Was it just never available, or you just never had the urge to try it? Candy corn is so popular here, it's practically biblical, LoL. I'm not a fan of it really, but I always look forward to seeing it in mass quantities on the shelves because it's just another sign that Halloween is just around the corner. I really am looking forward to trying the starburst stuff though. I love starburst!!!!

As far as things not being available in the US, we can't get Kinder Eggs because the little toys inside are (according to the FDA) a choking hazard for little children, and I fell in love with Glacier Fruits when I went to Ireland a few years ago, but can only find them at a specialty store called "World Market" that sells different stuff from around the globe. The only problem with buying the Glacier Fruits here though, is that after being packaged and shipped, and stored for a while, that are all melted and stuck to the wrappers by the time I get my hands on 'em. 100 times better than jolly ranchers though for sure!
I've never seen it over here, and I've really looked! I'd like to try it because it's such a staple for you guys! Kinder Eggs are great! Not as good as they were when I was little though, much better toys back then. I prefer Glacier mints, but I do like a Glacier Fruit!
By monstermash
zombombie wrote: I've never seen it over here, and I've really looked! I'd like to try it because it's such a staple for you guys! Kinder Eggs are great! Not as good as they were when I was little though, much better toys back then. I prefer Glacier mints, but I do like a Glacier Fruit!
Ive seen Candy Corn in the American Candy shops Zomb. I'm sure most of them will sell it especially around halloween. Never bought any though but might get some although I have heard they're pretty rotten. :lol: I suppose I should try it just once. Should really try a twinkie as well.
By chuckwagon
All right, you guys have to stop because I'm about ready to hop in the car and make a junk food run!!! Twinkies, Moon Pies, Cosmic Brownies, and mini Swiss Cake Rolls!!! I'm a junkie!! LoL