Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
Hottie McNaughty wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Ok ok... the real reason I couldn't let you visit me, SuperSonic... is because I didn't want you to see how many dolls I have. :oops:
I totally take responsibility for at least one. The coolest one. lol Actually, I would really enjoy another pattern inspired by MH. They are current, popular, topical and just kind of cool. Personally I like Lagoona (but Frankie will always be my favorite!).
I also take responsibility for one. You can guess what THAT one is can't you? :roll: :D
By Raven
I love the Frankie Stein pattern and would carve another one of the dolls. I have one on my wish list, but so far no one has bought me one. It's like for some reason they don't believe I really want one. :roll:
RavensDestiny wrote:I love the Frankie Stein pattern and would carve another one of the dolls. I have one on my wish list, but so far no one has bought me one. It's like for some reason they don't believe I really want one. :roll:
I don't know if I should admit this... but I'm the same. I think people think I put her on there as a joke! :oops:
zombombie wrote:
I don't know if I should admit this... but I'm the same. I think people think I put her on there as a joke! :oops:
It would go so well with your sparkly Glee T shirt!

Having looked at the characters, Clawdeen Wolf would look great as a pattern, erm for my daughter, cough. Not for me personally you understand.
Mistress_of_Halloween, that's a cool (and helpful) image you posted. I haven't been keeping up with Monster High really. I didn't realize how many characters they had now. When they first started this toy line, I knew they would have to expand the roster. They need to make money and sell more dolls. But I feared they would stretch the concept too thin too quickly, with too many less-than-memorable characters.

Looking over the examples you posted, there are a lot of really creative characters. I realize they want to appeal to girls, but that doesn't mean they can't all be monsters. I mean, they should be true monsters, like from classic horror movies. Operetta, Invisi Billy and Headless Headmistress Bloodgood have obvious horror movie analogs. Some characters lean more into mythology (Greek, Egyptian, Chinese, Mexican). There's strong populous of cat people, that's for sure. But most of all, I think characters like cupid or genies in a bottle are stretching the "monster" idea. They'll never top the original, Frankie Stein. That's a true monster. It's ALIVE!

Anyway, which characters are the most popular these days? Are the original half-dozen characters still trendy, or are these 2010 first-wave dolls now considered "old" and unhip?
I'm not sure which ones are the most popular, but I know my daughter is still a big fan of the original characters such as Lagoona, Cleo, Frankie, and Draculaura. She actually wants to be Lagoona for Halloween.