Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
Now I am really dating myself here. Anyone else remember as a kid growing up in the early 1980's watching Starblazers. I still remember the trailer at the end of every shop...hurry Starforce only 300, 275, etc. days left to save the earth! And you know the Argo was going to unload a can o whoopass when they fired the wave motion gun. I think Ryan could make a good Captain Avatar or Desslock pattern. I can link some pics if anyone else is interested.

For Robotech there a ton of characters to choose from the Macross, masters, and New Generation Saga...Rick Hunter, Lynn Menmei, Lance, etc.
By Tkaraoke
Now you're talking my language! LOL

Those two shows (plus Kimba: The White Lion) got me hooked on Anime which I still love to this day.

I'd vote for any of the main characters of either series and I wish that STARBLAZERS was on DVD. I know you can pick up the whole ROBOTECH series (all three story arcs) for like $80. It's called THE PROTOCULTURE COLLECTION I believe.

Also, if you dig Anime, you need to see FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST that airs on Adult Swim/Cartoon Network.