Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Each summer a do a couple patterns with themes appropriate for watermelon carving season. Some patriotic American stuff for July 4th, and lots of tropical themes like tikis and ocean animals. And I like all these patterns, but it sometimes feels strange to be creating "cute" designs like dolphins.

Can anyone think of any summer-themed ideas that are also creepy? A concept that would work just as well for a summer party as it would for the spooky fall season?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hmm interesting. A guess a zombie version of [insert summer object here] could work too. Zombie Beach Ball? Vampire George Washington? Mummy Tiki? Surfing Werewolf? :wink:
By nosferatu
I've always found crabs to be scary. The edible kind.

I vaguely remember seeing a B&W crab film that put me off them for good. Think it would look good on a watermelon - with oversized jagged claws, maybe holding a drink to fit in with the summer theme and drinking from a straw. The straw wouldn't be carved but would be an actual straw that went from the glass into the crab's mouth? Would look good as a barbeque centrepiece.

Speaking of a barbeque, you could have a barbequed skull design - not as scary as actually eating a Doner. Or spare ribs - where the watermelon has a chest cavity design that reveals an inner design?

Or on a classical theme, how about , "A Midsummer Night's Scream."?
By GUS
surfing skeleton, ..bleached on the beach!
& of course more tiki's

..however what tend to be the popular themes for summer gatherings?

i'd start there then think appropriately. ..then askew.
By zombombie
GUS wrote:surfing skeleton, ..bleached on the beach!
& of course more tiki's

..however what tend to be the popular themes for summer gatherings?

i'd start there then think appropriately. ..then askew.
YES! Surfing skeleton would be so cool!

More tikis would be good too :)

I could have just quoted Gus's post and left it at that really......
By pagemaster1993
Definatly love the Vampire Washington and Mummy Tiki idea would definatly work for both Summer and October. Gus' ideas are pretty good too Surfing Skeleton sound a bit hard to pull of but could work. Nos' idea of a BBQ skull would definatly be awesome to do it be basically a skull with smoke coming off of it would look great on a pumpkin with a red howler and on a watermelon with its red flesh.
By pagemaster1993
Edinburghzombie wrote:How about a zombie in shorts with one leg missing? A vampire wearing sun glasses (oh the irony!)? A werewolf making some bbq?!
A vampire with sunglasses would look kind of like Blade.
By zombombie
pagemaster1993 wrote:
Edinburghzombie wrote:How about a zombie in shorts with one leg missing? A vampire wearing sun glasses (oh the irony!)? A werewolf making some bbq?!
A vampire with sunglasses would look kind of like Blade.
The image I had in my head was more like The Count from Sesame Street in a Hawaiin shirt & shades ;) 8)
By pagemaster1993
Edinburghzombie wrote:OR amalgamate these 2 smileys:

8) :)=

A vampire pumpkin in shades on a watermelon!
Now that would be interesting.
By SuperSonic
I concur with pagemaster on the amalgamation being interesting.

Why not a pattern that shows zombies on a beach saying "Brains this way" with an arrow pointing either to the left or right. Kind of like those road signs. It could even show a zombie and say "Zombie Crossing like this sign here. just with the text above of course :P

Image[/url]

Edit* I have no idea how I even considered this post to be relevant. That is all.
Last edited by SuperSonic on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By pagemaster1993
Today is the first day of Summer, why is there no pattern to celebrate this day?