Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By wookie66
My son is having his birthday in June, how about a birthday cake pattern, or a swing set or maybe people splashing in a pool, of course a zombified birthday cake would be great. Does anybody else have any watermelon carving ideas
By pagemaster1993
Not really my area, so I really do not have any ideas for Watermelon Patterns. If they made artificial Watermelons I probably would.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
@wookie66 - Birthday patterns. Hmm... what could I design for that. Zombie in a birthday hat? Hehe. If your son has any favorite characters or summer time themes, let me know. I'm sure I'll be releasing something intended for watermelon carving.

@pagemaster1993 - Have you never carved a real watermelon? Oh, you gotta give it a try. In some ways, it's easier than pumpkins. And people don't expect to see one carved with a design. You'll be the hit of your next summer bbq party.
By pagemaster1993
Well there's a few things stopping me: 1. We rarely get a whole watermeloat n place, 2. I do not know what tool to use to clean the melon out, and 3. We do not have bbqs at my place. I may try to convince my mom into it if I can have some more info on the subject though.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
pagemaster1993 wrote:1. We rarely get a whole watermelon
Well that could be a problem. You'll need one of those to do a watermelon carving. :)
pagemaster1993 wrote:2. I do not know what tool to use to clean the melon out.
I use one of these tools to scoop out the insides of my watermelon. An ice cream scoop, a Monster Scoop (top right) or a Jack-o'-Ripper Scraper Scoop (bottom).

pagemaster1993 wrote: 3. We do not have bbqs at my place.
Even if you don't have a summer party at which to show off your melon-lantern, that doesn't mean you can't still carve them for your own enjoyment.

That's what I tell people who don't want to carve pumpkins because they don't have a porch or windows to display them in. Carve and just enjoy your crafty success in your own home. And of course, take pictures so you can share with the rest of us!
By pagemaster1993
I will take a whirl at it this summer, I do not have a porch where I can display pumpkins either but I still do them. So why not do a Watermelon.
By punchi
I love they way they look, and i do think they're easier to carve (nice thin wall already). It is just sooooo juicy and sticky and watery! I don't tackle as many watermelons. But I like to make sorbet with the innards! Yum!
By purple1worm
I've carved a few, much easier! I like the Tiki designs but might try some others that Ryan has designed for summer! Plus I freeze the innards and make Daiquiris! Throw in some frozen starwberries and/or other fruits.. a little rum (or vodka or tequila ) ! Great cocktail to enjoy while admiring you're work!
By pagemaster1993
purple1worm wrote:I've carved a few, much easier! I like the Tiki designs but might try some others that Ryan has designed for summer! Plus I freeze the innards and make Daiquiris! Throw in some frozen starwberries and/or other fruits.. a little rum (or vodka or tequila ) ! Great cocktail to enjoy while admiring you're work!
I do not do that, but I will be eating them. I love watermelon.
By pagemaster1993
For this summer there should definatly be more Tiki patterns.