Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Tkaraoke
Ever since I was a little kid, I always loved the legend of the creature known as a Phoenix. Next to dinosaurs, I really loved looking at pictures of the mythical bird. I'd really love to carve one into a pumpkin this year but I would love to see ZP's take on creature. Right now I'm down to two patterns I'm thinking about using. One is a free stencil from The Pumpkin Lady's website and one is a image I found doing a GOOGLE image search...

Not sure if this was a company logo or where it came from but I love the "tribal" design of it. I think the most important feature of a phoenix pattern would be it's wings. I think a perfect pattern would involve the wings being spread out over the surface of the pumpkin.

The only "flaw" to this design is the tail. If you notice, if you were to cut through the pumpkin all the way through you'd lose a chunk of pumpkin to complete it. Figured I could just not cut all the way through on that part of the pumpkin or just redesign it so that I don't have to.
By Tkaraoke
With the stunning response to this message last year I thought I'd bump it up for consideration this one. Maybe people just missed it! LOL
By CombichristGirl
thats a good one i like that design. with a little tweakin ud be good
By Tkaraoke
I was thinking about shading the inner part of the tail and body and as I got out towards the wingtips I would make it cut through so the "flames" would look the brightest there.

I really want a good pattern to carve and would rather not have to settle for something less.
By pumkin-lights
man i love that pic i think it would make a great pattern
By Tkaraoke
whoooo! He looks kind of artsy-fartsy!!!!! ROFL! I love it!
By Meya
Oh wow! That's beautiful!
By Euri
Ohh, its perfect! Very stunning pattern. :D I gotta get things in order so I can start carving. This is definitely on my short list.
By Mister_JP
Hey, a little bit of a departure from your "typical ZP stye," Ryan, but I must admit that I like it. Pushing the envelope... keep it up!
By purple1worm
I was hoping you would do that one! It's on my to do list this year for sure. I love mythical creatures!