Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Tkaraoke
How about some stencils of some Egyptian gods like Anubis? I haven't seen any of those on the net or on other sites. Just thought I'd throw that out there. :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Hey, what a great and original suggestion. In fact, the mythologies of many old cultures are ripe with ideas for gods and monsters. I'm on it.
By Tkaraoke
Wow! Didn't think you'd respond that quickly! LOL

I can't take full credit for the idea since I did happen to catch
the movie THE MUMMY last night. :D

Anubis has always been one of my favorite Gods. Humm..now that I think about it, I wonder what HOLLOWEEN would be like in hieroglyphics?! Now that would be interesting to put on a pumpkin!

Well rip my brains out through my nose....I just found a hieroglyphic-to-english letter chart on GOOGLE!
By Aylortay
Ooh, you know, the mummy from The Mummy would be a good one. Lots of rotted out parts on his face to make lines with :) And he has various stages of decomp. YUMMY.
By Tkaraoke
You know, it never even crossed my mind to ask him to do a stencil of the mummy from that movie! Doh! :D

Now that I think about it, I would also love to have a stencil of the "Face In The Sand". I love that expression right before it tries to swallow the plane. It kind of reminds me of the cover art for Pink Floyd's THE WALL. :D
By Aylortay
Good idea! That one in particular might be hard though, it's a lot of smooth lines... Maybe the sand in the face with glasses. :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Just a lttle note:

I did happen to GOOGLE a site that had a translator (hieroglyphics-to-english) which seemed like a cool idea until it started to throw a bunch of pop-ups at me. I can't stand sites like those so I thought I'd just send a heads-up out there.
By sleigher75
Great idea, I love anything Egyptian so naturally I loved "The Mummy". The Mummy would make a great pumpkin. Maybe some other Egyptian symbols would make good patterns too like an Ankh or a Scarab beetle.
By Tkaraoke
sleigher75 wrote:Maybe some other Egyptian symbols would make good patterns too like an Ankh or a Scarab beetle.
I was thinking about this while I was driving and the Ankh popped into my head as well. I love those scarabs to and don't know why I didn't think about those. It's always nice to suggest stencil ideas because it always leads to others. Man, I knew I was going to really dig this site! :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Huhh...you folks have got my brain in a frenzy...

Maybe we could persuade our Patch Master to come up with a complete Hieroglyphics table so we can write "secret messages" on pumpkins for our parties. Maybe give the kids a Hieroglyphic "key" and make it a contest and everybody who can arrange the words in the right sentence wins a prize. It could be a fun activity that the kids can share with their parents...playing archaeologist, minus all the back breaking work/ungreatful museum curators/evil Mummy "Death Comes On Swift Wings" curses! :lol:
By Tkaraoke
Dadja wrote:Well if you talk about 'modern' hieroglyphics, it'"s not that hard to design yoruself... Just use this atables as a base:
Thanks for the link. I came across that same table tonight as well.

BTW: I was going to make a comment about being glad to see that someone else doesn't sleep around here until I realized you are from Belgium. Must be early morning/afternoon there right now. I should be off to sleep but for some reason I can't.
By matspud
Great Idea. Pity I didn't think of it last year when my son was doing his Egypt project. I did manage to find a mummy and King Tut mask and did those but anubis would be great.
By Dans banana Loafcake
Yeah you could have like a sphinx and king tut!

Also thinking about ancient cultures, you could have loads of greek mythical beasts like medusa or cerberous the hell dog! Or pegasas the winged horse. :D

Dan