Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
Thanks again. I love the idea of carving The Mummy on a white pumpkin. I want to do a regular orange pumpkin to match the set I have started. Maybe I'll need to do two mummies!?

He's been printed quite a few times already. No photos yet though. Surely someone must have carved Imhotep.
By sloaner
I would have done it tonight but I can't find the printer cable. I will try and do it tomorrow if I can print out the pattern. I think I will do it on a regular pumpkin and save the white one for something else I have wanted to do for a few years.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote::D

Yup....mmmhmmmm.....just peed my pants a little. Beautiful set. I must carve all of those in eternal foamie goodness.
By Gigatron
I carved the mummy about a day after he was released.

Here it is, in my window display, with some of his buddies

I need to get a few more pumpkins to finish it off, with the new Bride, PotO, and dracula

-Fred
By El Mateo
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:It's October now... I think it's time to unleash a big daddy. Or should I say...

Today marks the release of Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection on bluray. So it seems like an appropriate day to help you round out your essential collection of classic monster pumpkin patterns.
Seriously, this had to be one of the most daunting patterns to design. The problem is there's not much contrast in the original. It's a character whose face is basically all white, with lots of lines across it. I attempted to try to make my own pattern from the pic with one eye open. But it's the detail of the fabric that always put me off.

Bewteen the Mummy, Michael Myers and Jason, these characters are some of the hardest to capture in a 2-D carve, IMO.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
El Mateo wrote:Seriously, this had to be one of the most daunting patterns to design. The problem is there's not much contrast in the original. It's a character whose face is basically all white
I had the same feeling. And maybe that's why the Mummy was one of the last major Universal Monsters to make it onto the site. But attempting it again this year, something just clicked.

It's like that with a lot of pattern ideas. It seems crazy that I'm still missing certain pattern requests. But for whatever reason, their magic moment hasn't happened yet. The timing has to be right. It must be destiny.
By SuperSonic
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:It's like that with a lot of pattern ideas. It seems crazy that I'm still missing certain pattern requests. But for whatever reason, their magic moment hasn't happened yet. The timing has to be right. It must be destiny.
Being from an artistic background (in music), you can't argue with logic like that. :)