Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
nosferatu wrote:That is a massive television. Or are you Mike TV from Charlie and the chocolate factory?
Ajax wrote:Is that TV a plasma or lcd by the way?
I'm regular sized, I think the TV is just extra large to accommodate the pterodactyl that operates it from the inside. It was handed down to my family from the Flintstones.
By Euri
Ah, Kermit. The Muppets and Star Wars were the epitome of my childhood. And the mere mentions brings backs scores of fond memories. :D

This will be an especial favorite. Thank you Ryan!
By maegnus
This is such a charming and iconic pattern. I'm strongly considering putting it on a mini Michaels kin. After carving V.I.P. #1 today, I could use a nice simple pattern.
By Ajax
maegnus wrote:This is such a charming and iconic pattern. I'm strongly considering putting it on a mini Michaels kin. After carving V.I.P. #1 today, I could use a nice simple pattern.
I'd love to see your V.I.P # 1 carved i've been considering it myself are you posting it? I'm thinking of doing the same thing carving kermit to go with my Mater on the med size micheals kin, but it's still so early i'm waiting to see what else comes out. Love finding reasons to use my colored lights and it ain't easy being green.
By CorpseBride
Kermie!! I love it. I grew up with Jim Henson, the muppets were always on the family tv. I remember when a muppets movie got stuck in the VCR and I watched it over and over for weeks. My mom says I didn't complain once! :lol: Great pattern Ryan! Nostalgia at its best.

P.S - You make a pretty cute little Kermit!
By maegnus
Ajax wrote: I'd love to see your V.I.P # 1 carved i've been considering it myself are you posting it? I'm thinking of doing the same thing carving kermit to go with my Mater on the med size micheals kin, but it's still so early i'm waiting to see what else comes out. Love finding reasons to use my colored lights and it ain't easy being green.
I can pm you an image of how my V.I.P. #1 came out. Talk about starting off with a bang. When printed at its unmodified size on letter sized paper, it fits a medium sized Michaels kin (the really round one) perfectly.

I am thinking of shrinking Kermit down and doing him on the size even smaller. I've done Zero the dog on a mini kin with success, and that pattern is about the same in terms of simplicity.

I know how you feel though. It's still early; you know Ryan is saving some special patterns for closer to the big day. I already have around 40 foamies to fill out a shelf with, so I will probably carve the cool October releases on real kins. They look so much better when lit anyway (and I'm running out of pumpkin storage space).
By Ajax
That is cool that it fit on a med size kin perfectly mater worked out great for me to on a med size kin no resizeing needed. I never thought of using the mini kins there so tiny but they would probably look great lit up and there perfect for storage. Maybe i'll pick some up after halloween at 80% off or something, i usually pick up whatever foamies they have left which isn't many at the end of season. Can't wait to see your Kermit carved. Can't wait to see any new patterns carved haven't seen alot of them yet in the carving photos and stories section.
By hkzombie
I don't think I have ever seen a TV like that in a long while! Ryan, your so adorable as Kermit! Your Mom must have been grinning ear-ear because of you and your costume! :lol:

I too grew up with the Muppets and there's no show out there like it anymore. Other than Spongebob, majority of cartoons are digitally animated and it makes me sad that kids actually enjoy their entertainment that way. Other than that, I love this pattern. It's always brings a smile to my face when I see Kermie :D

Here's a little something for all of us who love the Muppets:

The Muppets: Bohemian Rhapsody

AND for pumpkin carving...

By Zombie Pumpkins!
Oh yeah, my mom must have been proud of her little Kermit. To this day, she likes to remind me of what a chore it was to sew that Halloween costume for me. The head piece in particular was pretty complicated!

Great video links, hkzombie. Battle axes and chainsaws are not recommended for carving ZP patterns, but I do like the Swedish Chef's style. Being of Swedish heritage, my grandfather always liked that Muppet character the best. Bork bork bork!
By Ajax
Edinburghzombie wrote: Great work Ryan :) I'm sure there'll be a ton of requests for Miss Piggy to join her Kermy now however I'd just like to say: ANIMAL :wink:
This is actually a pretty good idea since most if not all of the patterns this year have been male. I'm thinking it would be a great Bonus pattern. Any of the muppets would be awesome. My personal favorite has always been Gonzo.