Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Steve-o
I would be a very bad Browncoat if I didn't beg, plead, throw a tantrum and fight tooth and nail for a few stencils based on the characters (and the ship) from the show television show Firefly. Ryan, if you do this, I can pretty much guarantee that once mentioned on another forum I belong to . . . quite a few folks would come flocking to this site just to sign up and get those stencils alone.

It would be freakin' awesome, too, I might add.
By KILLER KLOWN
What about the Reavers man :twisted:

Love Firefly, wish they would have brought it back for another season.

Not sure what kind of patterns you could get out of the people on that show?
By purple1worm
What is firefly?? What's it about?
By Joey
Firefly is an awesome science fiction show by Joss Wheden that got canceled a few years back. It's about this crew on a spaceship that flies around on the outskirts of the universe trying to keep under the radar of the law and make a living. There's a lot more to it then I can describe well right now, and maybe someone can do better, but you really should check it out.
By Steve-o
That's a pretty good description, Joey. Actually, the entire series is available for free on Hulu.com (not download but for streaming).

But yes, it's set about 500 years in the future when mankind became too numerous for earth to sustain their numbers so they moved to another system and populated several planets and moons. After a terrible "civil war" some on the losing side opposed the giant government that was formed and so stuck to the outer reaches of the system, like Joey said. They're thieves, basically. Show only lasted 14 episodes, but it developed a HUGE following. DVD sales of the series were so strong, that Universal made a movie of it (same actors and all) to wrap up some of the lose ends.

If you like Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog, etc. then you'll like this show and the movie.
By matspud
Just in case Ryan doesn't get round to it I think, if i remember correctly which is rare these days, :? , that there were sone on Pinkraygun.com
By Steve-o
Found 'em Matspud! Thanks for the lead!

But seriously . . . Ryan can do SO much better.
By matspud
I agree, the quality and carvability isn't ZP standard bt a fix is a fix :D and it is always good to have a backup.
By Steve-o
Sorry folks :oops: I just can't let this slide off the "front page"!! :D Need to keep this in the front of Ryan's mind.
By Flak
Reavers would make for awesome pumpkins :D
By Steve-o
Here are some images (hopefully they work):

Looks like they still won't work. Grrrrrr....
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Steve-o wrote:Looks like they still won't work. Grrrrrr....
Fixed 'em... your photo code was correct, you just had "Disable BBCode in this post" checked, which was stopping them from loading.

Great pics of the cast. A friend of mine got me started watching Firefly, so I know the cast and the story. We got several episodes into it, but then she took the DVDs back and I never finished the season. I should get around to that someday.
By Steve-o
Ah! Thanks, Ryan! I could find a Reaver or two to post, as well.

And yes, definately. Get a hold of the DVD set by hook or by crook! Finish it, then watch the movie Serenity!

Great stuff.

So . . . ya know . . . DO IT!!!

But the patterns, first :lol: :lol:

My friends at Fireflyfans.net are being a little slow to help me out for some reason, but heck, even patterns for next year would be great. 'Course ya still got plenty of time THIS year . . . . right? :shock: :)