Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By nosferatu
Came across this on Youtube. 2 of the three designs are ZP. I love this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX8rqp7T7iE

Love the spinning concept which got me thinking about using patterns as zoetropes and thaumatropes. Thaumatrope might work with Mario / Wario.

Best idea I could come up with was an evolution of zombie wraparound. Somewhere on the net I have seen a static evolution of man pumpkin. That was shaded whereas this would be a cutout on a continuous revolving loop. Get the idea? Either that or a corpse rising from the dead
By SuperSonic
interesting idea nosferatu sounds like it could quite possible work :twisted:
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Very cool. That carver must have created that before I released my Pinhead pattern. If they had waited a year, they could have those 3 characters on a single pumpkin, all in ZP style.

A spinning pumpkin is a cool idea, and I've been giving thought to wrap around designs, that would print out on multiple sheets. Stay tuned.

On the topic of zoetropes and thaumatropes, how might that work? Do you think it would be possible to create a motorized pumpkin turntable, with a strobe light within the pumpkin..... such that the strobe would be timed to light the pumpkin only when one of the designs was facing forward. If the spinning/strobing was quick enough, you could create an "animation" of two different faces.
By nosferatu
You are way ahead of me Ryan. I'm waiting to see the strobe you will be selling in the shop to go that complicated.

For the zoetrope, I thought they could be handouts, see this site

http://www.groeg.de/puzzles/zoetrope.html

The design could be this years logo doing an evil grin etc nice and simple. They would be good to hand out to trick or treaters and be a great advertising tool. My daugther starts school in September and I would quite willingly make and hand out loads. A more complicated version, The Industrial Light and Magic Version, should work but I would think it would be trial and error. I was thinking of a traditional Zoetrope, again grinning Jacks or Mario turning into Wario.

Ditto the thaumatrope. We have some baby toys that are thaumatropes in clear plastic baubles, designed to capture a baby's attention. I however think they would be great as a halloween / Christmas bauble. They just need to be two fairly similar designs as before.

Looking forward to that wraparound design. And to the strobes in the shop