Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By nosferatu
Thinking idly whilst drinking Pimms, thinking about patterns, thought a Green Man would make an ideal pattern. His face is made of leaves which lends itself beautifully to a watermelon's colours / grain. I would even fork out the extortionate amount of cash to buy a watermelon so I could carve it.

Think Ryan could come up with a suitably scarier design than this
By purple1worm
That's brilliant!! Of course, what a great idea. I some the other day on a wood carving site. They woud look great as watermelon carvings. :D
rumanseoexpert liked this
By GUS
we have a few threads on this I reckon it'll come good this summer.
(hopes ryans paying attention).
By GUS
ONLY in a pint glass, ..with gin & all the fruit & cucumber plus swizzlestick, otherwise you are not drinking it to it's full & thirst quenching potential.

(the pint glass stops you having to go ofr too many re-fills)
By matspud
I agree with all of that except the extra gin. I am not much of a drinker ( I know odd for a Scot) and the extra gin knocks me for 6. After less than 1/2 pint of your mis I would be seeing little green men or pink elephants. :D
By nosferatu
Pimms can be an extremely cruel mistress. We first encountered one another at a wedding reception whilst on holiday- a very dangerous liason - the lack of alcoholic taste, combined with thirst quenching properties on a very hot day lead to me being ever so slightly tired and emotional before the meal had even been served. It was a very strange experience being tipsy before the celebrations, yet totally sober by the end.

Needless to say, we didn't see each other for a while.....until the following summer. Who says holiday romances are doomed to failure.
By GUS
funny, I've always found her to be a well rounded & forgiving drink, must be the way we're made up.

pint after pint of the stuff can be consumed I find with little or no "ill effect" ..many's the time I'd have a good 8-12 pints of the stuff.
Incidentally Nos my mate had a summer wedding & supplied the cheap copy from Aldi (around£3.99 /£4.99 for guests to quaff (guess who the only one to notice was) ...it's also a very good base for occasional Pimms drinkers, shame caterers only tend to do it as a pre-drink drink!
(Not knocking it it tastes nigh on as good)
By purple1worm
what's a pimms? :?
By nosferatu
Pimms is a gin based drink. It has about 25% gin and tastes of spices and fruit. Normally served with lemonade with ice, fruit, cucumber, mint etc. Tends to be served at wedding receptions and is very common at Wimbledon during the tennis.

Very refreshing to drink which is why it only really sells in the summer. There is a winter version based on brandy which is a more acquired taste.

Thanks for the reminder....think I will go and make a jug of it!
By matspud
Pimms is an alcoholic beveridge. There are 3 ( I think) no 1, no 2 and no3. One is gin based, another is brandy based and the thrid is whisky based. ( Nos and Gus can correct me on this booze is not my strong point). You mix the Pimms with lemonade to your taste and add fruit, mint and cucumber and ice. Great on a lovely summers day lounging in the garden, at the cricket/ tennis match, at the garden party/ village fete ( :D ) I love to have a huge pitcher of it made up when we have a BBQ. If you soak the fruit for a little while in the Pimms before adding the lemonade the fruit has an extra hit to it :D :D
By nosferatu
Just finished making some......just about to pour. Probably fall asleep in the sun and wake up with half a tanned face
By GUS
Yup no1 cup is definitely the one to go for as a first timer, BUT ADD MORE GIN! ..as it really needs it by the time a pitcher with ice is assembled.

Virtually any gin will do the job around £11 per bottle upwards, if anyone adds bombay sapphire (another very flavoursome gin, with immense flavours of its own) then they are a heathen.

Ps LEMONADE , lemon if you need it afterwards, but best with a veg patch in it not lemons!
..strawberry slices are nice too.

Always stir well & swizzle to accentuate the flavours / allow em to soak, then swizzle stick in the glasses served!
1 pitcher per person ..at least
lastly please don't drive it can take you by surprise!
By nosferatu
If you need ice, why not carve yourself one of these? Use as a punch bowl. Prize to the first person who does Patchmaster