Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Tkaraoke
With Memorial Day just around the corner I was wondering if you have given any thought to this year's Watermelon Patterns?
By purple1worm
Speaking of which, how do you gut a watermelon? It's not hollow like a pumpkin. I'd really like to carve one this year.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I've written up some watermelon carving instructions, bu they haven't been reformatted to fit the current design of the site. I usually add them back on here around this time of year. So stay tuned.
By purple1worm
cool! I've just printed a few tikis today. I'd like to reduce them and paint them on glasses to make candle holders. Just to tide me over.
By Tkaraoke
I went and dug up the old Watermelon thread from last year and didn't know if I should revive it for this year since the subject was 2008 Watermelon patterns.

I'd still love to see some kind of beach design (starfish and sea shells), a surfer, a toucan, a tropical island scene, and just about anything else summertime related.

I love Watermelon season because the new patterns get me stoked for the new Halloween season. I have yet to do a watermelon but I think this year will be the year.
By 2manyferrets
purple1worm wrote:cool! I've just printed a few tikis today. I'd like to reduce them and paint them on glasses to make candle holders. Just to tide me over.

What a cute idea for using the patterns during the off season!!! Post pics! :D
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Tkaraoke wrote:I went and dug up the old Watermelon thread from last year and didn't know if I should revive it for this year since the subject was 2008 Watermelon patterns.
Feel free to reference the older summer melon thread for ideas, but I like the idea of starting a new thread for your present day ideas. With Memorial Day around the corner, now is about the time to start putting up a few new Summer Spirits.