Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By nosferatu
Apart from The Wolfman, how about?:

Drag Me To Hell

Other films that could figure in next years patterns include:

Monsters V Aliens (Dreamworks)
A Christmas Carol 3D
Lesbian Vampire Killers
Star Trek
Coraline
and Terminator Salvation.

Looks like 2009 is already shaping up to be a vintage year
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Lesbian Vampire Killers? I'm clearly not paying attention to the right movie news websites. :wink:

There do seem to be some interesting films on the 2009 horizon, many worth of carving into the next batch of pumpkins. But the most popular requests will be the films that have a lot of buzz. Any idea what those hotly anticipated ones are? Watchmen and Star Trek, perhaps?
By nosferatu
Simon Pegg is playing Scotty. LOL
" Cap'n I cannae hold her fer much longherrr"

Lesbian Vampire Killers stars two young British comedians - They won BAFTA's last year (British Academy Film & Tevelvision Awards) and have a hit series on the BBC called Gavin & Stacey. On paper it looks good, the thing that worries me is that it might have been made to cash in on their rising profile and that it might be pretty poor. However, Simon Pegg has turned out a couple of low budget decent films so I am hoping they can do the same.

Image As you can see, it is not an American film as there is no way in the world they would have been cast. No doubt Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise will be in the American remake!

As for Watchmen - the trailers I have seen look pretty good to me even if Alan Moore has disassociated himself with the film
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Sounds good to me. I'll check it out. I appreciate a movie made by young talented folks, rather than big budget film just for cash.
By GUS
nosferatu wrote:
As for Watchmen - the trailers I have seen look pretty good to me even if Alan Moore has disassociated himself with the film
not watching that then! ..if he's not onboard it must be off the boil, Alan Moore knows his stuff.

..Incidentally any sign of a league of extraordinary gentlemen 2 ??
By Lithium_joe
Will there be any more Harry Potter-related pumpkins with the release of Half-Blood Prince in 2009? I got a real kick out of doing Voldemort this year and would hope to see maybe try a Dumbledoore or a Snape next year?
By Lithium_joe
One other challenge for Ryan.

The City of Lost Children has some gloriously twisted visual images that might inspire great carvings.

I offer my suggestions for the following but seek out the movie for yourself , if you've not seen it already, it's terrific, in every sense of the word.

Daniel Emilfork as the mad, dream-stealing scientist, Krank.

Irvine, the hyper-intelligent brain-in-a-tank suffering from perpetual migraines.

Krank, dress as Santa, giving children nightmares.

This picture doesn;t do the full image justice - you have to seem him squirm and wriggle and try to smile.

LJ.
By maegnus
A Rorshach pattern would be boss. If you were going to do a Watchmen pattern, he seems like logical choice. Fan fav, most unique/recognizable, and would probably be fairly easy to make a pattern out of. Oh, and he's a total badass. Comedian would be decent too, but a Rorschach would be a must carve for me this year (along with the Grinch).

Either way, keep it up ZP!
By Zombie Pumpkins!
I totally agree with all your suggestions today, maegnus. Keep 'em coming, I like how ya think.
By purple1worm
How about a wolverine pattern!! He would make a cool pumpkin. :D
By SaneInsideInsanity
Im sorry Lesbian Vampire Killers has reminded me about Zombie strippers did anyone see that lol...