Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By nosferatu
Whilst driving earlier, I passed a roadside advertising hoarding that was carrying an advert for Philips Electronics.

It was a picture made up of contour relief lines (as on maps) but showed two bodies "intermingling". They were red lines on a black background. It looked really effective.

That sort of idea might work really well design and stencil wise on a foam pumpkin not so sure on a real one. Unless it's the size of a small car. Although I have no idea what sort of stencil could be used that way. Any ideas?
By GUS
Phillips, I have a few problems with, they used a lot of prisoner labour for kickbacks in the 2nd world war courtesy of the Nazi's for which they never seem to have made good! ..I'm not totally anti them but ethically not the nicest company around!
makes interesting reading if you have time.

bit like swiss banks etc etc etc..(I know you could pick them all to bits & it was a long time ago etc)
By nosferatu
It's not Philips that I am interested in. It was the design of the advert.
By Dadja
GUS wrote:Phillips, I have a few problems with, they used a lot of prisoner labour for kickbacks in the 2nd world war courtesy of the Nazi's for which they never seem to have made good!
Depends how you look at it. The Philips workshops saved a lot of lives of people who would have otherwise been deported to Auschwitz and Treblinka, etc

(Just throwing in my 2 cents, not wanting to start a discussion :) )
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Nosferatu - that sure sounds like an appealing design. I might have to see a photo to get a better idea of what sort of thing you saw. If you run across anything similar on the web, post a picture.