Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By GUS
In line with carving certainly, but a touch more serious depending on if you put any wording on or not..

I'd like to see a 50 /50 helmeted silhouetted soldier face / skull that toy'd be able to add either a u.s. ww2 helmet sil to (ala freddy's fingers) / or the alternate british "soup bowl" tommy helmet.

Why? ..because war is always current regardless of the actual conflict, & the previous world wars were such a horrific waste of millions of lives from all nations, & displaced persons that I feel it;s far enough away not to draw criticism (re Gulf/ Iraq / Afghanistan etc) that it cannot be deemed sychophantic patriotism by dissenters more a "Lest we forget" pumpkin autumnal memorial to those who gave & give.

Our own big remembrance is based on the 11 th hour of the 11th month of the 11th day (armstice) of WW1 ..when the guns fell silent on both sides ..(though in theory could've stopped a full fortnight before if it wasn't again for stupidity & ribbon seeking of those in charge)

I think bearing in mind it's autumnal link, a slightly interchangeable stencil would be a fantastic display addition for years to come.
Incidentally the last US soldier killed in those final seconds was a settled German Immigrant (as i recall from Hamburg originally)

Not a big one for tributes or schmultz but think remembrance (not necessarily patriotism, as that can be blind in retrospect) is important
By GUS
I'd like to once again bring this to the fore due to the 2 deaths in the past week of 2 of the last WW1 veterans Henry Allingham (briefly the worlds oldest man) & today of Harry Patch 111 yrs old ,..known only for the past 9 years as he didn't speak about the war, who died today.

This leaves 1 other British Veteran of WW1 who now lives in Australia.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 04823.html

this link was from last month, his book is a tale simply told..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/8163366.stm
By SuperSonic
i must agree with gus on the whole WW1 stencil of a soupbowl helmet 50/50 image with the last of the veterans dying i belive it would be a geunine saulte to those who gave their lives (and to those who still ARE giving their lives to keep our land and the American and the British lands free
By GUS
A British plane (spitfire) with the markings ZP was the first plane to make a kill in WW2, the pilot flew the most sorties in the battle of Britain!

Now if that isn't coincidence I don't know what is! .... 70th anniversary of the start of WW2.
By SuperSonic
thats very true GUS they are celebrating war this year WW2 although celebrating a war seems kinda ironic :?
By GUS
...Well it's worth remembering a war that killed 50 million (+) people.
Not so much a party as a passing.

There is currently a steam train crossing europe to London (waterloo) to commemorate the young children who got out JUST before war was declared, the majority didn't see their parents again, ..the majority sent to concentration camps I guess, so alot of the children will be 75-90 yrs old.

A businessman originally raised loads of money (got around 450 children out before it went completely mad (bearing in mind how long things had deteriorated in various countries)
Last edited by GUS on Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperSonic
now theres a few things i didnt know about WW2 thanks for the info GUS