Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By reignman40
This is my 3rd year as a member and I can't remember anything put out that's not still on the site.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
A few stencils have been retired. As my skills improve, I sometimes remove or replace the really old designs to make room for new ones (or updated versions of the same characters)

Don't worry, I'm not holding out on you, when it comes to the best of the goods. But it's the most ambitions pumpkin-heads that have seen each and every easter egg.
By CanadianCarver
I went back through my old PDF version stencils, and here is the list I came up with that are no longer on the site:

Brandon Boyd from Incubus
Chuck (not sure who he is though!)
Frank skull - Donny Darko
Horseman's Steed
Killer Klown
Macphisto from U2
Space Monkey 3000
Tom Savini 1
Tom Savini 2
Warren Vanderdark
Thom Yorke from Radiohead
Yami Yugi
Rob Zombie (different from the 2 currently on the site)

A lot of these have copyright dates of 2003, so I guess this must be my 5th year of ZP stencils!

Others mentioned the Pan O' Lantern, Freak Ryan and Howl O'Ween, but I do not have copies of these.

Does anyone else have any that I am missing?
By Zombie Pumpkins!
Wow, you've done your homework. From what I can remember, those are pretty much all of the retired patterns. They were retired either because....

A) they were not very popular and not often printed (Chuck, Thom Yorke)... B) they were personal stencils for friends without wide appeal (Space Monkey, Warren Vanderdark)... C) I wasn't totally pleased with the design and plan to redo them (Killer Klown, Howl-o-ween).

If anyone REALLY wants one of the retired patterns, I can try to dig them up. And if you think any of these really deserve to be back on the site, feel free to cast your vote for that also.
By Kittie
I vote for ALL OF THEM!! The more the merrier!! Come on!!

You can even put them up as "Retired" Like in their own group. It would be cool!
By CorpseBride
Brandon Boyd from Incubus

Oh my God Ryan! Can I please? That would be amazing! Hell having all of them back on here would be kick ass :D
By Lanceb74
i'd like to see thom yorke again, myself =)
By GUS
Kittie wrote:I vote for ALL OF THEM!! The more the merrier!! Come on!!

You can even put them up as "Retired" Like in their own group. It would be cool!

definitely a retired "pickled" pumpkins home, for those who can't lurch along like they used to / "Zimmer" Zombie pumpkins holding pen ...with all the old sots available, I'd love to see the Mcphisto, and all the early ones (perhaps with a line of comment from ryan under each, if applicable)
:D
By reignman40
I've been with the site for 4 years and most of that list I have copied of from the old days. I am missing some like Boyd from Incubus and Yorke from Radiohead. Would love to see a retired category with an excerpt from Ryan on each one as to why it didn't quite "make the cut" so to speak.

BTW Ryan if you read this I would love to get the two I mentioned. That is if you aren't going to bring these back on a more full time basis.

Curtis
By alexaxxem
yeah have a rotten pumpkin patch or something like that with old stencils
By feja
As a new member to this site I also would love to see them back. I like the idea of a retired section and the reason why.
By Dadja
The thing is, once you put these in a gallery they're no longer retired, are they?

What you could do is offer them through the forum, for user with x number of posts, like an extra for active forum members... just a thought...
By reignman40
Well you don't have to call it "retired" so to speak. You could simply call it the Rotten Pumpkin Patch or something along those lines. It could start out as some of those retired patterns and future ones could be added say ones Ryan wasn't quite happy enough to make them official, but in the Rotten patch they could find a home.

Just my thoughts on the idea.
By GUS
Dadja wrote:The thing is, once you put these in a gallery they're no longer retired, are they?

What you could do is offer them through the forum, for user with x number of posts, like an extra for active forum members... just a thought...

But then that's an incentive to lose quality over quantity in terms of readable posts!

..retired, could mean Archival & thus the lines of wording go in part to explain why it was retired, print outs for those who either wish to update their ZP collection or carve it for the pattern / memories.
it merely needs to be in a different section to be retired & non current.
If it were to happen.