Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
I feel like this topic has come up before, but I couldn't find it (someone correct me if you remember). But I wanted to pose the question again...

What was the first Zombie Pumpkins pattern you printed?

Was there a certain design that caught you eye? A certain character you came looking for via Google? Can you remember the first time you clicked "Print"?

Give me your best guess. And if you're curious, I can look it up for you.
This topic was inspired by Beast75 who said...
Beast75 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am
im 9 years on the forum but i was using pattern for at least a year or two before that if my memory serves. I was looking for a jack skeleton pattern and google sent me here and thats where i have stayed. I wonder if Ryan has a tool that tells when our first pattern was printed and which it was?? mine was certainly Jacks smile face.
Good memory! The first pattern you printed was actually Revenge of the ZP! on October 29, 2007. But you're right, a few minutes later you printed the Jack (sinster) face.
Beast75 liked this
It's only been 3 years, so you would think I could remember. But that was several beers ago. I think the first pattern I printed was Root of All Evil or Grave n Raven. I've probably carved RoAE about 6 times. It just represents Halloween for me. I've carved it for neighbors. I finally carved it into a foam pumpkin this year so I wouldn't have to recarve it every year. :jack_o_lantern:
catlady liked this
While I'm almost certain it was Patch Master. I have an embarassing (now at least) story to tell about the first time I stumbled on ZP/The "actual" first pattern I printed

So while on a google search tirade for "cool pumkin carvings" back in high school. Curse of the ZP! Came up and I was so invested. But had no credit card to sign up.

So I screened the Michael Meyers Pattern in the google image search (that lead me here) and printed it.

Ever since I've felt bad about it and always contribute back to the site every way I can. I even hooked Ryan up with a couple subs if they actually googled the site when they got home!

The Meyers pumpkin turned out great. And the moment I was 18 (Night of the ZP!) I signed up and stayed here ever since.

Now that this is out of the way.... Which pattern did I first print as a member? :lol:
SuperSonic wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 am
So I screened the Michael Meyers Pattern in the google image search (that lead me here) and printed it. Ever since I've felt bad about it
That's it, I'm deleting your account! :mad: Just kidding. :razz:

Was that Myers pattern the half-face version? And did you find an actual image of the pattern on Google? That might be one of the early ZP patterns that some meanies posted around the web. A few of them have escaped my grasp. When that happens, I just design an even better one to be exclusive to my site. :lol:

Anyway, SuperSonic, my records show that your first pattern print was that Michael Myers! Perhaps you paid for it officially out of guilt? :wink: You proceeded to print out another 25 patterns (Patch Master was your 15th).
SuperSonic liked this
My all time favorite Pattern was my 15th? Even I'm surprised at how late that was.

Not surprising is Michael Meyers! I imagine that may have been the case. But I also genuinely recall dressing up ad Meyers that same year.

So perhaps two reasons?! Glad you're not deleting my account. I need that! :smile:

Always happy to give back to someone who helped me realize I have the ability to carve! :orange_heart: :black_heart: :orange_heart:
Ajax, I had to do a little digging. You had a couple accounts under different email addresses (spawn) at the beginning? If so, your first pattern was Ghostface. You went on to print a lot of movie monsters, starting with a lot of the slashers. Freddy Krueger was actually the last pattern you printed that year, the day before Halloween.
Oh gosh, that was so long ago I don't know if I can recall! I really need to get together my pictures and organize from all those years ago. The earliest I can find is 2006, and it looks like I carved quite a bit - Jack face, Gizmo, Stripe, Jack Skellington and Sally, Alice Cooper (like you do). I think my first print was probably the happy Jack Skellington face.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:06 am
This topic was inspired by Beast75 who said...
Beast75 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:12 am
im 9 years on the forum but i was using pattern for at least a year or two before that if my memory serves. I was looking for a jack skeleton pattern and google sent me here and thats where i have stayed. I wonder if Ryan has a tool that tells when our first pattern was printed and which it was?? mine was certainly Jacks smile face.
Good memory! The first pattern you printed was actually Revenge of the ZP! on October 29, 2007. But you're right, a few minutes later you printed the Jack (sinster) face.
Thats great i have always had a copy of the Revenge of the ZP its my favourite Jack. I carve it every year although i do carve for a local pub and a few other people so its on rotation. I even carved it into a Potato. (i believe i posted the pic here).
SuperSonic liked this