Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By MercuryKitty
I don't think the prices on the boxsets are going to drop anytime soon. All BBC releases here are horribly expensive. It appears they're trying to price-match with the UK boxsets, which aren't much better. Season 3 is currently on sale for £48.99 on Amazon.uk and that's approximately $98.00. Considering the same boxset is on sale on our Amazon for $68.99, I'd say we have the better deal! :lol:
By GUS
RYAN, you have 237 (ish) days in which to comply,

I reckon a cyberman stencil as it's still not out there yet, so you'd have first dibs on that one! :wink:
By GUS
BUMPING THIS ONE....
Think tennant deserves his own (complete with sonic screwdriver) he's done sterling work as the lord of time!

seems like theres a definite cry for this... judging by the 2 pages, not to mention the headstart you'v got on wonderland (mad hatter)
...BBC worldwide IS worldwide.
By nosferatu
Cheef's excellent blog, read it for the details, revealed a site that had several free patterns. One on the site has Dr Who (Tennant) standing infront of The Tardis pointing his sonic screw driver.

It looks good on paper but I think the weight of the left eye and the side of the mouth would drag it down almost immediately. You see, don't have to worry about things like that with Ryan's patterns.

Anyway the clues are there if you really want it.
By jeffstar
hey guys!! first time poster and carver!! (just attempted "cat got your tongue" and honestly stunned by the amazing looking result!!)

i couldn't see a request on here for a doctor who pattern?.. maybe it's an english thing but i'd love to immortalise the legendary david tennant by carving him into a pumpkin..i know the kids here in the UK would love to see him or the tardis in the window!!

:D
By matspud
Hey Jeffstar, Great to see another UK carver. Don't worry we have requested Ryan's take on the gorgeous David Tennant.
By jeffstar
thanks for that geezer!
it's looks a little bit harder than what i could probably get away with at the moment.. but i'll have a go with a few of the more intricate designs on here and see if it's feasible..
sweeney todd and jack sparrow next i think.. :D can't wait for this halloween!!
p.s..do you also find that pumpkin carving is a rare thing in the UK?..(apart from the usual scary faces of course) i posted a link of my first carving on facebook and people seemed either baffled or amazed!! my mate actually thought i'd photoshopped it!!..

can't wait to see their faces when they see some of the other designs!!
By matspud
There are more of us than you think and quite a few are members of this forum. It is becoming quite popular in the UK. Our biggest problem here is getting decent pumpkins to carve. Just looking at the numbers of people in the UK buying carving kits on ebay shows that it is finally taking off here.
By jeffstar
true.. i just found an excellent craft knife set on ebay that should be arriving any day.. that should make things a lot easier.. one of my friends suggested investing in a dremmel drill for the more complicated designs..

at the minute there are some excellent pumpkins in tesco.. £2 for the largest, everywhere else seems a bit pants though... the co-op are ripping people off too.. nearly £4 for a small one...
obviously it's going to be a lot harder to get hold of them after halloween...
By sodajazz
As matspud says there are more UK carvers than you think ....

and we want a Dr Who stencil :D and for Gus Jimmy Saville :D

But me thinks that us internationals are outnumbered on this board and our voices are not loud enough. :wink:
By matspud
sodajazz wrote:But me thinks that us internationals are outnumbered on this board and our voices are not loud enough. :wink:
Ahh but we have GUS on our side :twisted: :lol: :lol:
By paddy_babe
there must be 2 dr who threads because I remember mentioning it when I first joined ZP forums and someone posted a pattern in response (might be worth searching for)

anyhoo my view on a dr who pattern..... *ahem*.....

OMG great idea!!! love, love, LOVE David Tennent! or the daleks (as I said in other thread). my fella knows not to distract me if dr who is on or DT! *drools* that would such a cool pattern.... even just the police phone box.

big support from me :D
By S.A.M
We really do need a Dr Who pattern, it would go down a storm with the trick or treaters.
If we don't get a Doctor Who pattern I suggest we tamper with Ryan's Halloween mix CD to include this;

:lol: Bwahaha, truly evil :twisted:
By nosferatu
I was never very keen on David Tennant, however, the new Doctor, Matt Smith is excellent. As this week he faces the Daleks - one of the things that truly scared me as a child - thought it was a timely reminder for a bump
By matspud
Sorry Nos, I don't like him . That might change as he gets into it but at the moment he rates alongside Sylvester McCoy. Thank goodness we don't all like the same things :)