Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
I haven't seen anyone else post about this, so obviously I'm the only one experiencing this since it's a very noticeable problem, but when I print the patterns now they print much smaller (and in the top left-hand corner of the paper) than before the launch and almost look like they are not vector images anymore. They have fuzzy edges instead of the crisp edges before the launch. I printed the T-Rex the night before the launch and it looks great, but all prints after are as described. I reprinted the T-Rex to see if it was just new patterns, and it is also printing incorrectly now.

I have made no adjustments to my printer settings on my computer nor the printer itself.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Are there any recommendations on how to fix?

Thank you,

- Lonogod
ive had some issues but managed to fix it by playing with settings the first couple of prints have been throw aways. Printing in the top corner very small. Now that you mention it I also notice the lines are a little blurrier and not as sharp huh probably wouldn't be good with stick and carve.
Thanks for bringing it up, lonogod. As the phrase goes: If you see something, say something.

"They have fuzzy edges instead of the crisp edges"

Vector patterns printed from this site have proven to be a little unreliable. Since they are just mathematically calculated points and curves, if those calculations are misinterpreted, the patterns can print out looking like unrecognizable scrambled fractals. So to keep the printed shapes and colors consistent, the patterns are flattened and rasterized before printing. The lines might look a little softer, but I think it's still just as easy to follow the black outlines.

"the patterns now print much smaller (and in the top left-hand corner of the paper)"

Now this is curious. For anyone experiencing this, can you tell me what web browser and operating system you're using (and the version numbers of each, if possible). I'd like to see if there's a trend of this being an issue with a certain software combination. If a certain browser seems to be the issue, I'll test the same scenario here and see if I can recreate and fix the problem.

In the meantime, you should be able to change the size of the printed pattern by changing the resizing/scaling percentage in the print software dialog box that pops up right before you print. This will look slightly different depending on your brand of printer, but here are some examples of the settings windows you might see:

If you're using the Google Chrome browser, you will likely have to click this link to bypass their custom print preview, and get into your system printer dialog settings:

ghostface wrote:What I've noticed is that everybody that isn't having the problem isn't using Internet explorer, which is what I'm using on my desktop to print out the patterns.
I'm 90% sure I was to .i was using my work laptop and it has Chrome and Internet explorer.
I've got another query I'm throwing out here. Before the launch I couldn't print anything on Firefox, so I just printed it out on IE. No problems. Since the site launch I can print out in both Firefox and IE, but now when I print out a pattern it has the page number and date time stamp on the bottom and the https://www..." onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. on the top of the page. This is making the actual pattern itself print out a bit smaller to accommodate this, but the whole page is filled. I don't believe I've made any adjustments to my printer, but I'm not sure if a family member has. I don't think this is a ZP printing issue because when I also scanned a pattern to print out on Stick n Carve it also printed on it the date and HTTP of the scan. This was from a pattern that didn't already have that on the master copy I scanned from.

So my conclusion is that this is a printing issue I have. I have no idea how to adjust my printer to not print this way, but these additions are driving me nuts and aren't gelling with my pristine previously printed patterns. (So I'm a touch OCD about this.) Does anyone know how to adjust my printer so it behaves and prints nicely? :)