Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Ajax
I'm happy with all four so far this year. # 4 is really cool and I've seen something like this in the commercials etc. Keep them coming but save room for Ash Why the long face please.
By LookItsAlex
RYAN!!!!!!!!!! :pale:

OH MY STARS! ViP #4....holy cow. You, sir, have outdone yourself!!!! This is definitely my favorite pumpkin pattern you've ever done. As a huge fan of the event (I used to work it and have gone to it since '98) this is absolutely spot on.

Can I just say...I love you? Is that weird? :lol: Thank you, Ryan. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
By SuperSonic
I've never been. But I want to go and see #4 now!
By shaft28
#4. Nope. Not cool. I'm taking my ball and going home. I no like. Game over man, game over.

Nopity nope nope.
:pale:
By pagemaster1993
That's pretty cool. It fits the theme of my Trick-Or-Treat display. This maybe on a list of creepy creatures that needed carved.
By SuperSonic
I feel like he puts more effort into making it look effortless. Which is phenomenal. Every year the patterns look more crisp and easy to carve (with the exception of Vulture Shock and the Xenomorph. Those two are hell in a hand basket (but worth it)).

I also feel like the current way the V.I.P.'s work is the best way. I like the "reward" method. The chance you take on them being worth it to you is like a roll of the dice. You won't know what you will roll until the dice stop moving. If it's the number you want. Great. If not. Then so be it. I contributed to charities I normally wouldn't even know about.

So for me it can be a winning roll or one I'm not too crazy about. But no matter how I slice it. Someone enjoys those patterns. Seeing their excitement makes me just as happy as if I got the one I wanted.

Though I do have a quick question, as we are on topic of exclusivity. The Stick and Carve patterns we get with the purchase this year. Are we allowed to show those if we carve them? Or are they on the same level as the V.I.P.'s?
By Raven
SuperSonic wrote:
Though I do have a quick question, as we are on topic of exclusivity. The Stick and Carve patterns we get with the purchase this year. Are we allowed to show those if we carve them? Or are they on the same level as the V.I.P.'s?
I'm guessing they are o.k., since they are shown on the package. Plus, I've already posted a pic of one. :wink:
By Crazycarver1987
This being my first year to the VIPs, how often are the patterns released?
By sloaner
Never fast enough haha. Usually a few each week in October. Or sometimes he releases a bunch at the end of the month if time is running out.
By Crazycarver1987
Holy cow! :shock: just saw #5!

Definitely a must carve for this year! :D

BTW, why aren't we explicitly allowed to describe the VIP patterns? What would happen if I did?
Last edited by Crazycarver1987 on Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
By sloaner
AH that pattern made me jump for a second. I like this one, I'm sure we will see it carved a lot.
By Euri
WOW!!!! I'm especially excited for #5!! It might be carved by more than one person in my house. In fact, we're already hoping that eventually we'll have more to go along with it.

SO awesome!!! :D :D :D :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you, thank you, Ryan!
By SuperSonic
Crazycarver1987 wrote:Holy cow! :shock: just saw #5!

Definitely a must carve for this year! :D

BTW, why aren't we explicitly allowed to describe the VIP patterns? What would happen if I did?
Since we like to keep them a secret, until closer to Halloween of course! Ryan has mentioned this before but I will mention the reason in brief. Originally, the V.I.P.'s were meant to be a reward to those willing to take the next step further. So they were in fact patterns for those who wanted them. A sense of exclusivity if you will.

Since they are not available to the public who does not get the Monster Harvest, Ryan asked of us that we not post pictures, say what the patterns are (though hints are allowed). As well as trying to give out a present.

I like the way we do the V.I.P.'s to be honest with you. :)

(I hope I explained this right).

NOW. As for the pattern itself? Not to big a fan personally. But I know the subject manner. May still have to carve it for those who recognize it though!
By punchi
#5 is a definite carve! That's what my son's costume will be. He is gonna be so excited when i get home!
By pagemaster1993
I've only heard things about #5, but never experienced it my self. It's kind of creepy, but as always awesome.