Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By pagemaster1993
We have Poe, we have Lovecraft, and that's it. Where are some of the other horror writers? I think it would be cool to have a Stephen King pattern and a R.L. Stine pattern.

Stephen King is a huge success with tons of books and movies. He looks scary.

R. L. Stine is up there with King. Most of what you can say about one you can say about the other. However Stine is more kid/young adult. Not to mention his very first movie is come up this October.

I know there are more horror writers, but these two are the first two that came to my mind.
By Zombie Pumpkins!
This is an idea I've considered. Regardless of their book popularity, it may come down to who has the most famous face.

Poe and Lovecraft has become iconic faces after their time. Just search on Etsy and you can buy just about any item with their likeness plastered on it.

After that, King probably leads the pack, since he's also acted in some of the movies based on his books. And let's not forget his turn in Creepshow!

Who else though... Bram Stoker? Ray Bradbury? Clive Barker? Anne Rice? (boy, everyone I think of is famous because their books became movies, haha).

It's tricky because most authors are known more for their words than their appearance.
By Mayor of Haddonfield
I definitely agree with Stephen King. I've thrown my support behind this pattern in several past posts where I've also asked for patterns of Christine and other King creations. He's very recognizable due to his rolls in several of his films.
By BigScience
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:This is an idea I've considered. Regardless of their book popularity, it may come down to who has the most famous face.

Poe and Lovecraft has become iconic faces after their time. Just search on Etsy and you can buy just about any item with their likeness plastered on it.

It's tricky because most authors are known more for their words than their appearance.
I agree 100%. I can count on one hand the number of folks that I know (including high school literature teachers that could identify a photo of Stephen King out of a line up.