Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By sloaner
Hottie McNaughty wrote:Ok, I don't get either one. lol I must be old.
Not sure what the second one is either.
By SuperSonic
I googled it. Sounds like a solid...well you know. Google it :P
By shaft28
Yeah had to google #2 too, missed that one growing up. I like the look though.
By Ajax
Neat looking pattern but it's significance was lost on me as well. I googled the reference material and it's spot on likeness.
By pagemaster1993
Never seen the second one. Heard about it, and apparently it's a bit creepy.
By ghostface
I feel like I'm the only one that has seen #2. You guys should check it out! It's one odd piece of work..
By Zombie Pumpkins!
A friend of mine made me watch that movie (#2) a few years ago. It's a low budget horror slasher with some memorable moments for sure. Great cinema, hardly, but a cult cult classic in some circles, and surely good for a laugh if you watch it with friend. All those 80s short shorts.

My thought with these first 2 VIP patterns... they look spooky or creepy on their own, so even if you don't know the source, maybe they'll still be worth a carve. If I ever do a pattern of something obscure or for a niche audience, I always want to make sure it looks "Halloweeny" at least.
By Ajax
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:A friend of mine made me watch that movie (#2) a few years ago. It's a low budget horror slasher with some memorable moments for sure. Great cinema, hardly, but a cult cult classic in some circles, and surely good for a laugh if you watch it with friend. All those 80s short shorts.

My thought with these first 2 VIP patterns... they look spooky or creepy on their own, so even if you don't know the source, maybe they'll still be worth a carve. If I ever do a pattern of something obscure or for a niche audience, I always want to make sure it looks "Halloweeny" at least.
It just inspires us to seek out the subject matter. I know it did for me with trick r treat, plants vs zombies, angry fowl, etc. I had no idea what these were but searched them out after the patterns were made and enjoyed them for the most part. I'm sure there are others just none I can think of. I still have to check out hatchet, labyrinth, rocky horror picture show, dr who and probably a few others.

Oh I almost forgot I never bothered with the old horror movies with Boris Karloff etc until this site.
By Zee
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: All those 80s short shorts.
You had me at "80s short shorts."

IMO, when it comes to cheesy 80s horror, this movie is cinematic gold... right up there with Slumber Party Massacre and Chopping Mall.
:D
By ghostface
Zee wrote:
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote: All those 80s short shorts.
You had me at "80s short shorts."

IMO, when it comes to cheesy 80s horror, this movie is cinematic gold... right up there with Slumber Party Massacre and Chopping Mall.
:D
I freaking love Chopping Mall!!
By vibhandaka
I recently watched a documentary about the rise and fall of slasher films and this movie (VIP #2) was mentioned, they gave away the twist ending, but it still makes me curious to watch it.