Request a pumpkin pattern or critique the current collection.
By Hollow
What about the classic Universal Monsters like Frankenstein (Karloff). Maybe I'm just a sucker for the classic horror films, but I think that would be a valuable addition to Zombie Pumpkins' already incredible lineup.
Well it's been 7 years. Long enough to warrant a revisit to Dr. Frankenstein's lab? My original pattern of Karloff's creature has always been at the top of the popularity list every year, and so I really don't know if I could top it. But like the mad doctor I am, I just can't help myself from at least trying to improve my methods. So I've created another monster. This time I wanted to capture his sympathetic look. The Frankenstein monster is iconic, one of my favorite characters... especially this year, with the laboratory and Frankenstein themes happening on the site this year. So this is a personal pattern for me, and I'm glad to share it in time for Halloween 2013. :frank:

Frankenstein's Monster (2013)
Yes! Ive never actually been on the forum the second that a pattern arrives. I could hear this one moaning and groaning all the way from the Carving Photos section. I hope to carve him this year.
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Well it's been 7 years. Long enough to warrant a revisit to Dr. Frankenstein's lab? My original pattern of Karloff's creature has always been at the top of the popularity list every year, and so I really don't know if I could top it. But like the mad doctor I am, I just can't help myself from at least trying to improve my methods. So I've created another monster. This time I wanted to capture his sympathetic look. The Frankenstein monster is iconic, one of my favorite characters... especially this year, with the laboratory and Frankenstein themes happening on the site this year. So this is a personal pattern for me, and I'm glad to share it in time for Halloween 2013. :frank:

Ryan, LOVE IT!!!! :D :frank:
I love how different this pattern is from the original!! I love my Frankie that I have now because it's a really classic facial shot of a Universal Monster, but this pattern gives The Monster an almost somber look that makes you feel sympathetic or caring for the state that he is in. I've always thought that the Karloff version wasn't a bad guy... just misunderstood! This pattern helps me feel vindicated in some way :) :thumbsup:
By badgers
Zombie Pumpkins! wrote:Well it's been 7 years. Long enough to warrant a revisit to Dr. Frankenstein's lab? My original pattern of Karloff's creature has always been at the top of the popularity list every year, and so I really don't know if I could top it. But like the mad doctor I am, I just can't help myself from at least trying to improve my methods. So I've created another monster. This time I wanted to capture his sympathetic look. The Frankenstein monster is iconic, one of my favorite characters... especially this year, with the laboratory and Frankenstein themes happening on the site this year. So this is a personal pattern for me, and I'm glad to share it in time for Halloween 2013. :frank:

You always do an incredible job of making it better, making it cooler, making it more fun!!
By Ajax
Awesome :thumbsup: I don't know which I like better I've carved the original more then any other pattern at least 5 times. I think I like the new one better it a longer pattern and I like how you incorporated the shoulders and neck. Great addition. Now we need a true invisible man :wink:
I like it!! Fantastic work. I like how you changed (Done) to (ALIVE!). Thought that gave it the extra oomph it deserves. Too bad all my pumpkins have been selected. However one might be able to persuade me to NOT to Undead Ted again this year..